+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Office

Stef

May 11, 2008
Does anyone else have an application for PR processing in London? If so, what are/were your experiences?
I submitted my application in September 2007, and up to this date I have neither received an AOR nor an explanation as to why my application is not being processed. Several letters sent by my immigration representative to the visa office with regards to this matter remain unanswered. I was aware from the start that applying for PR will be a fairly long process but this is a bloody joke! I have no idea where I stand with my application and the whole situation really makes me wonder whether I should have bothered at all. Either the London office is utterly useless or this is all just a plot to discourage prospective immigrants.
Thanks for reading my rant, it would be nice to hear from others about their dealings with the visa office.

Sofia

May 11, 2008
Hi, your immigration attorney should be more bothered because this is part of their responsibilities to their clients. Mine was filed Nov. 3, 2007 and got my AOR barely a month. Kindly get all the receipts like filing fee to London office or courier date of delivery ,to your lawyer's office and from there you can trace the flow of your file. Hope you will get your aor soonest. thanks

Stef

May 11, 2008
Hi Sofia, thanks for your post. Well, strangely enough I received an email today directly from the visa office with my file number stating that they emailed the AOR to my representative on 22 April 2008... Looks like I'll have to get on to my attorney to clear a few things up! Good luck with your application

mortennb

Aug 21, 2007
On the website is says that the processing time is 6 months if you have arranged employment..

Can anyone confirm this?

mazhar_majhu

Jul 24, 2008
hey stef
congrats abt ur AOr. where do u stay?
i stay in jeddah(saudi arabia) and london is my CIC office where i file my application, can u just tell me how much time did it take to recieve ur AOR i sent my application on 12 june 08, but as of now there is no news from the office i am worried and i applied as an indepent applicant rather than an agent....if i get to know the time it would be great.
thanks in advance

kamran2002

Star Member
Dec 4, 2005
saudia
hi
mazahr and every body who applied through london office if any wanna guide line i will help them free of cost .
Because in 2005 i applied from saudia arabia and after four months we will get the acceptance letter and now the latest news that they return the application and only those will be considered those they are very imp for their country not like before therefore take patience and pray
bye
my email adress is kamrankhan712002@yahoo.com

shahzad0786

Dec 30, 2009
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 june 2011
Doc's Request.
25 oct
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
25 oct 2011
Med's Done....
20 DEC 2011 AND SENT THE ADITIONAL DACUMENTS
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
step 1 .19 march at 4 pm
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
inshalah in first week of may
kamran2002 said:
hi
mazahr and every body who applied through london office if any wanna guide line i will help them free of cost .
Because in 2005 i applied from saudia arabia and after four months we will get the acceptance letter and now the latest news that they return the application and only those will be considered those they are very imp for their country not like before therefore take patience and pray
bye
my email adress is kamrankhan712002 @ yahoo.com
[/quote]i am pakistani national living in uk but my wife is not with me she is in pakistan. i applied for snip in jun 09 and still waiting for noomination. just wondring what shall i do upon reciept of nomination.can i add her when i apply in canadian embassy in uk and she could have her medical don in pakistan or she have to be in uk with me for medical and after that for visa.
is that any chance ithat i can add her in my application and her case could be reffer to islamabad embassy,what is your expert advice. because it would be quit dificult for me to bring her here.what would they do i mean can they bring passport from paksitan through tne embassys post.because as you know its not legal to carry a passport to a difrent country.
thanks

asiablue

Apr 2, 2010
We did our medicals last year July, and there was a query with regards to my husbands bloods, that was cleared up but now we have had to re apply for our police checks, - sent them off, but we fear that they will drag their feet for our passport requests and we will end up having to fork out another £1000 for our familly medicals and go through the whole process again!! my husband has a job arranged in Canada but they honestly do not seem to care :-[
We have an Immigration Consultant, but once the consultant got paid we hear very little from her and she did sign an agreement stating that she would help us every step of the way, since we have had these problems it is very difficult to get her help can someone tell us or advise us of a GOOD immigration Lawyer who could help us complete our immigration?

Kind regards

Alejo

Sep 23, 2010
Hello together!
I'd like to make a request to Canadian High Commission in London, does anyone know how to approach the Canadian Medical Officer at Overseas Health Program International Service Group Citizenship and Immigration Canada?
I mean are there any communication points to contact Mr Medical Officer except postal address?

will appreciate your comments

Many thanks!

W

worriedbrit

I am being sponsored by my long term partner outland at the London UK visa office. He is a permanent resident of Canada.
My question is this. When (If!) I am asked for my passport, if I take it directly to the visa office myself, will the visa be issued immediately, i.e. same day? I know that if its sent by post it can take about 2 weeks or more before I get it back.
Also, if I get asked for an interview but get approved after the interview, will my visa be issued right away?
Its such a stressful time as everyone going through this knows, all the waiting and not knowing. I just want the process to be as fast as possible!

Thanks in advance!

Also, if an interview is requested, how long between the interview request and the interview date?

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
hi
if u received the PPR u can call up CHC london and fix up an appointment to stamp ur passport. if u have not received the passport request u can't.
if ur called for an interview - again it takes some small gap for PPR, not right away.

good luck mam

biju

worriedbrit said:
I am being sponsored by my long term partner outland at the London UK visa office. He is a permanent resident of Canada.
My question is this. When (If!) I am asked for my passport, if I take it directly to the visa office myself, will the visa be issued immediately, i.e. same day? I know that if its sent by post it can take about 2 weeks or more before I get it back.
Also, if I get asked for an interview but get approved after the interview, will my visa be issued right away?
Its such a stressful time as everyone going through this knows, all the waiting and not knowing. I just want the process to be as fast as possible!
Thanks in advance!
Also, if an interview is requested, how long between the interview request and the interview date?

R Kaur

Nov 24, 2010
UK
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
4141 - Secondary School Teacher - ICT & Business
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Aug-2007
Doc's Request.
22 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
29-Aug-2007
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02-Sept-2010
Med's Done....
08-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Jan-2011
Yes the office seem to be very slow.... it is annoying aswell.... surley its doesnt take that long.....

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
R Kaur said:
Yes the office seem to be very slow.... it is annoying aswell.... surley its doesnt take that long.....
yes london CHC has become vvvv slow , even guys who send meds in june didn't receive their PPR.
Now the fastest is India, there people are getting PPR with meds - :D lucky guys

London should be faster and more aggressive coz thy handle many countries ,

there is a limit poor people are waiting,

anwar77m

Oct 8, 2009
Yemen
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......