+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Office?... Sponsorship/Permanent Residence applications ok'd in Toronto.

Feb 24, 2009
My wife and four-year-old daughter are both Canadian and currently
living at our home in Toronto.

I am currently back in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

My wife's sponsorship application and my permanent residence
application were submitted to the Mississauga processing centre on
the 8th December 2008.

They were approved (we were told in a letter that both applications
met the 'minimum requirements') and forwarded to London (England)
on the 11th February 2009.

Police checks/medicals etc. - all complete and supplied.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what else I might expect from
London given that everything seems to be ok (according to Mississauga)?

Will I have to go to London for an interview?

What else might they ask me?

etc. etc. etc....

24th February. It says on the website: Sponsorship - Decision Made. Permanent Residence - Unavailable.

Thanks for ANY feedback.

Paddy McCormick

Mrs.BWL

Feb 24, 2009
Hi Paddy,

London doesn't usually ask for interviews. They seem to be moving along at a decent pace for most applications (ours will have taken 3 months in London by the time we get the visa back next week). Once they start processing your application, you will see a change in your e-cas status, but you probably won't hear anything else from them unless they request more documents, return your personal evidence (photos etc), or request your passport.

Check out the britishexpats.com website and trackitt for more information / London experiences.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
London is finalizing spousal PR aps in 3-9 months . . . a straight-forward ap with everything included, for which there are no questions about a "genuine relationship" that would necessitate an interview, should be finalized at the shorter end of that timeline. Any complication will add time to processing. Hopefully you included good evidence that your relationship is a genuine one; in other words, not entered into just to get you to Canada, and you submitted your medical exam proof and clean criminal clearances with the ap.

Mrs.BWL

Feb 24, 2009
Slight clarification based on RobsLuv's post. London doesn't seem to do a lot of interviews based on the applications I've been tracking through. It may have something to do with the location (i.e. some offices experience higher numbers of MOC applications etc). Sorry, I should have been clearer the first time.

lbw

Nov 26, 2008
Re: London Office?... Sponsorship/Permanent Residence applications ok'd in Toron

Do you get your information off the CIC website ?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I think the information is based on all the posts read on this and various other forums.

According to trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/, the faster apps going through London take about 120 days, including Mississauga time.
Btw, just for clarification: Mississauga gives an "all clear" to the sponsorship, not the entire application. Plenty of applications make it to the visa office and still need updating, visa office can request more information for examle. So breezing through Mississauga doesn't necessarily mean the same will happen at the visa office.

Mrs.BWL

Feb 24, 2009
Re: London Office?... Sponsorship/Permanent Residence applications ok'd in Toron

lbw said:
Do you get your information off the CIC website ?
Not sure what information you mean. If you mean my information, then it is partially from CIC, partially from my own experience, and also from the experiences of a number of others going through the same office. Does that help?

mitamata, that's a good point about CIC-M. It all looks so smooth when you breeze through the sponsorship application :)

lbw

Nov 26, 2008

Website that Patrick refers to in his message of 24th February - only update I have seen is "In Process" on CIC website - is there another location ?

Mrs.BWL

Feb 24, 2009
See, that makes much more sense now :) Silly me...

There's only one CIC website where you can see information on your file (the e-cas thingy). You're looking in the right place :)

lbw

Nov 26, 2008

cheers !

Feb 24, 2009

For anyone that doesn't have it, this is the link for checking your application status online...

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas

I've decided to go and stay with my wife and daughter in Toronto by the end of March.

May as well wait over there while the application is being processed...

Patrick