+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Office - Requested RPRF Fee, Medicals and Additional Police Certs

narinder1981

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Re: London Office - Received request for RPRF Fee, Medicals and Updated Police Certs

congrats dreamchaser. When did u apply?

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
Re: London Office - Received request for RPRF Fee, Medicals and Updated Police Certs

Thats fantastic news Dreamchaser. I hope all goes well from here on for you, well done.
Am I right in saying you received this request 11 weeks after you submitted all your documents to London ?

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008

To be honest what you can not prove via documetation they just deduct points so if you pass the minimum requirements then you will be fine.

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009

Thanks everyone. Here is my timeline:
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/discuss/federal-skilled-workers/2660

I am struggling with a unique situation now:

They have asked for an additional police certificate from Qatar where my spouse has stayed for a bit more than 6 months. I have not stayed there; only visited as a Tourist for 15 days. I emailed them about this and they have responded that they need me to submit a police clearance from Qatar along with my spouse. This is strange. Any views??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

dreamchaser said:
Thanks everyone. Here is my timeline:
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/discuss/federal-skilled-workers/2660

I am struggling with a unique situation now:

They have asked for an additional police certificate from Qatar where my spouse has stayed for a bit more than 6 months. I have not stayed there; only visited as a Tourist for 15 days. I emailed them about this and they have responded that they need me to submit a police clearance from Qatar along with my spouse. This is strange. Any views??
Well you have a choice, you can spend a couple of months arguing with CHC that you don't require the PCC from Qatar, or you can just contact the Qatari embassy and get one. It is always your choice.

PMM

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
I contacted the Qatari consulate in Dubai and also asked a friend to go to the Ministry of Interior in Doha, Qatar. They all give the same answer --since I was only on a tourist visa which was sponsored by my wife (who worked for Qatar Airways) they do not issue a police clearance certificate unless and until I resided in the country on a residence visa. Even the CIC link here states that I need a residence visa: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/qatar.asp

See point: If you live outside Qatar/ Required documents:/ a copy of your old or expired residence visa in Qatar

The people at the Qatar Consulate told me that all authorities know this procedure and that CIC should know it too. They said that I could share their name/number with CIC who could check for themselves the authenticity of my statement. Of course I doubt anyone from CIC would do that so I guess the only way for me is to convince CIC myself. Perhaps, I will scan my visa/entry/exit stamps to make them understand.
Any views?

-i-

Mar 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My take is... that notarized copies of your visit visa and related entry/exit stamps should be enough to convince a sensible Immigration Officer (IO). In addition an explanatory note including Qatar Consulate contact would be helpful.

Good luck dreamchaser

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
I agree. I have just replied to their email response with scans of my entry/exit stamps explaining the situation in detail and will update this thread once/if I hear from them.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
dreamchaser...i am in the same boat but i worked there for 2 years.....my police clearance expired lst year and i need to renew it but currently i am in KSA.....and im thinking if i need to go there and renew...

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
this is really helpful man...thanks a lot....

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
So I got an email back from CIC London saying : This is to advise that we have waived the requirement for you to provide a police certificate from Qatar.