+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Locked out of my CIC account. Tried creating a new GCKey and linking with the primary one

akansha.1111

Nov 16, 2019
I was locked out of my cic account since I answered wrong security questions. After some research on the web, it said that I need to create a new GCKey and try linking my primary account with the new one
I am unable to do so. I was then informed by my agent that I do not need to create a new GCKey and that the account will be able to revive after 24 hours, but now since i tried linking it with a new GCKey, it may cause some issues with my profile. I am advised to wait 24 hours until some action is taken place.

Has anyone else encountered a similar situation ? Does anyone know what will happen, will I be able to revive my account ?

Mar 14, 2021
I was locked out of my cic account since I answered wrong security questions. After some research on the web, it said that I need to create a new GCKey and try linking my primary account with the new one
I am unable to do so. I was then informed by my agent that I do not need to create a new GCKey and that the account will be able to revive after 24 hours, but now since i tried linking it with a new GCKey, it may cause some issues with my profile. I am advised to wait 24 hours until some action is taken place.

Has anyone else encountered a similar situation ? Does anyone know what will happen, will I be able to revive my account ?
Hey akasha did your issue resolved after 24 hours?