+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Location of Distance Education

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
I have done my Masters through Distance Education from a university in Bangalore. But I never stayed in Bangalore. Initial 6 months, I was in Mumbai and the next 2.5 years I was in UAE. If I put Mumbai and UAE for 'Place of Study' as 2 separate entries, it asks to upload 2 different documents. So what location should I put for 'Place of Study'?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have done my Masters through Distance Education from a university in Bangalore. But I never stayed in Bangalore. Initial 6 months, I was in Mumbai and the next 2.5 years I was in UAE. If I put Mumbai and UAE for 'Place of Study' as 2 separate entries, it asks to upload 2 different documents. So what location should I put for 'Place of Study'?
It would be helpful if you mention "distance education" along with your education in brackets.

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
In the country or location section mention partly in both locations
The drop down menu for location allows to select only 1 country per entry. I was in 2 countries while doing the masters in distance. So that would be 2 entries. Has anyone done it before and got accepted by IRCC?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
The drop down menu for location allows to select only 1 country per entry. I was in 2 countries while doing the masters in distance. So that would be 2 entries. Has anyone done it before and got accepted by IRCC?
Yes go ahead then.

bubblycoke

Dec 18, 2023
What about in Canada? My two years of college were online. I studied remotely in four different cities in Canada for this two-year college. Should I separate the entry into four different entries within Education History? I think that will create four records asking me to upload documents, which I feel does not make much sense since I will upload the same document for four.

Thanks!