+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO

ausmile

Aug 23, 2011
HELLO,

HI everyone anyone can give me advice with my problem regarding with LMO. My present employer hire a
consultant to get LMO for me they file the application last8pm. feb, 01 . When they recieved the file no. date Feb.
22,2012 . My question is if the employer hire a consultant to process the LMO all the papers from CIC will go to consultant directly or to t he employer? Because my employer give me the file today just 8pm. my work permit
will expire on 16 of march 2012.Now, since I'm stressed there is because of my situation somebody offered me a
job with positive LMO in name and I applied it yesterday I dont have any choice but to choose this one for the sake to keep my legal status.I talked to my employer about this and he's so upset and he told me to pay for all the money he spent for the processing ads and etc..... My fellow foreign workers do you think I am responsilble for that? I dont have money to pay for him I've been from vacation last december 2011.Your input highly appreciated.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ausmile said:
HELLO,

HI everyone anyone can give me advice with my problem regarding with LMO. My present employer hire a
consultant to get LMO for me they file the application last8pm. feb, 01 . When they recieved the file no. date Feb.
22,2012 . My question is if the employer hire a consultant to process the LMO all the papers from CIC will go to consultant directly or to t he employer? Because my employer give me the file today just 8pm. my work permit
will expire on 16 of march 2012.Now, since I'm stressed there is because of my situation somebody offered me a
job with positive LMO in name and I applied it yesterday I dont have any choice but to choose this one for the sake to keep my legal status.I talked to my employer about this and he's so upset and he told me to pay for all the money he spent for the processing ads and etc..... My fellow foreign workers do you think I am responsilble for that? I dont have money to pay for him I've been from vacation last december 2011.Your input highly appreciated.
First of all, CIC does not process LMOs. HRSDC does (Service Canada). I can see why the employer is upset but they can't make you pay any money for the LMO processing. It's not your responsibility. Employers need to learn to apply for LMOs at least 3 to 4 months before expiry seeing as Service Canada processing times are just getting longer and longer.