+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO

luckygirl

Feb 13, 2010
what's the proper procedure for the application of LMO? and is it true that we, the applicant, need to send money in order to process LMO?

thanks...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
luckygirl said:
what's the proper procedure for the application of LMO? and is it true that we, the applicant, need to send money in order to process LMO?

thanks...
No, the employer files for LMO. The employer does not pay when s/he applies for one.

luckygirl

Feb 13, 2010
job_seeker said:
No, the employer files for LMO. The employer does not pay when s/he applies for one.
weee...thanks for the response :)

another thing, they also asked me to send $2000.00 before they start the processing...actually what they said, i need to send money coz it's for agency fee...true? for that much? and after sending the money there'll be no cost at all!! but what's my assurance that they're processing my papers?

luckygirl

Feb 13, 2010
job_seeker said:
what happens after the service canada gave the employer positive lmo? Do I apply as a Skilled Worker and pay for the processing fees and right of residency?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
luckygirl said:
what happens after the service canada gave the employer positive lmo? Do I apply as a Skilled Worker and pay for the processing fees and right of residency?
What are you applying for? Are you applying to immigrate as a skilled worker? Are you trying to come to Canada as a temporary foreign worker, skilled category? You pay the fees to CIC (follow what are on the guides) You do not pay the employer.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
luckygirl said:
weee...thanks for the response :)

another thing, they also asked me to send $2000.00 before they start the processing...actually what they said, i need to send money coz it's for agency fee...true? for that much? and after sending the money there'll be no cost at all!! but what's my assurance that they're processing my papers?
Sorry I did not see this post :( Anyway, depends on whether you applied with an agency. Make sure that it is a legitimate agency. Does the agency have a representative/liaison office in your place? Do they issue receipts? What about word of mouth by people you can verify. If you are dealing with them through emails be wary. There are a lot of scammers.

luckygirl

Feb 13, 2010
job_seeker said:
Sorry I did not see this post :( Anyway, depends on whether you applied with an agency. Make sure that it is a legitimate agency. Does the agency have a representative/liaison office in your place? Do they issue receipts? What about word of mouth by people you can verify. If you are dealing with them through emails be wary. There are a lot of scammers.
it's ok dear :)

actually, i don't have any infos about the agency :( ...my friend is working under this employer and she just referred me to her boss...and they need this amount in order to process my docs... and then she said that my docs will be sent thru agency... but i don't know what will happen next after sending the money...

how long LMO takes?a week? a month?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
luckygirl said:
it's ok dear :)

actually, i don't have any infos about the agency :( ...my friend is working under this employer and she just referred me to her boss...and they need this amount in order to process my docs... and then she said that my docs will be sent thru agency... but i don't know what will happen next after sending the money...

how long LMO takes?a week? a month?
What job are you applying for and where is the available job? Where are you applying from? Before an employer could file for an LMO , s/he must advertise the position in the national job bank and another major website/daily for 14 days. LMO application is 4 to 6 weeks.