+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO without Job Advertisement

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Hi,

I have been working for an organization for the last 6 months. And they are willing to renew my contract for another 6 months. And they are willing to apply for an LMO.

It is a very good and highly paid job. And you need to be highly-skilled also. The lawyer told me, since I started working with them with my PGWP. They do not need to advertise the job.

I thought, job advertisement is a must thing for LMO. But, the lawyer said, in my case it does not apply. He said, Job advertisement would make it more complicated. Now I am really confused.

Is this information correct?

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Before you started working with this firm, were you a student? And currently are you on a Post Grad work permit?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
he is right to the fact that this needs to be done before 3 months of your expiry of your work permit..

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
The rule on HRSDC says that if you studied here and are currently working on a PGWP you do not need to advertise your job before applying for LMO (with your current company itself). If you wish to move to a new firm then the job must be advertised.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Winterfox said:
The rule on HRSDC says that if you studied here and are currently working on a PGWP you do not need to advertise your job before applying for LMO (with your current company itself). If you wish to move to a new firm then the job must be advertised.
No. This was discussed a couple of weeks ago and I provided the links to hrdc regarding this exact topic.

If a company wants someone who is on a pgwp that is going to expire within 3/4 months, the employer is not required to advertise. New or old.

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Winterfox said:
Before you started working with this firm, were you a student? And currently are you on a Post Grad work permit?
Yes, I finished a three years University course. And, I had a Post Graduate Work Permit.

Calgary27

Apr 5, 2013
isabox said:
Hi,

I have been working for an organization for the last 6 months. And they are willing to renew my contract for another 6 months. And they are willing to apply for an LMO.

It is a very good and highly paid job. And you need to be highly-skilled also. The lawyer told me, since I started working with them with my PGWP. They do not need to advertise the job.

I thought, job advertisement is a must thing for LMO. But, the lawyer said, in my case it does not apply. He said, Job advertisement would make it more complicated. Now I am really confused.

Is this information correct?
Yes.