+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO, TWP, and AINP issuing in alberta is soon to be closed???

monina1004

May 8, 2009
this is really shocked me,, i heard from a friend yesterday that lmo, temp. work permit, and PNP in ALBERTA is soon to be closed this coming june.. i search it in the cic website but i cant see the topic or news..it's really confusing me if it's true or not?? have you heard about that guys??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't heard that. Does your friend know what he's talking about? Where did he hear this?

What I have heard is that LMO's have really slowed down. I heard from a girl who works in an employment agency that they are now getting 75% less LMO's issued than they were last year. I heard from a guy who works for a big company that had open LMO's issued to them that the AB government called the company and wanted those open LMO's returned. Of course when the LMO is denied, there will be no temporary work permit for that job so they are cut down by the same amount. As for PNP, I have not heard of any plans to cut that down.

monina1004

May 8, 2009
i did a research. and i found out that the lmo extension issuance is now 6 months.. it is not true that closed. i just called the immigration a few minutes ago..and an agent told me that there is a possibility that the PNP in alberta is cut down or going to close..take not: "there is a possibilities" because alberta is a little bit crowded for TFW under the low skilled pilot...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can change the PNP at any time but I doubt they will cut it completely. They may cut or change the semi-skilled program if that is causing a strain on them or they may change or cut the H1B program if that is causing a strain. On May 19th, they actually took a lot of occupations out of the H1B program.

If you qualify to apply for something, you should do it as soon as you can because you never know the day the rules may change and if you are unlucky, you might not qualify anymore.

monina1004

May 8, 2009
thanks for the advice leon...i appreciated, will u pls. tell me what is Federal skilled worker (FSW).. some of my friends are planning to apply in saskatchewan so that they can transfer if ever they cant get lmo here in Alberta..and im thinking about it too.. bec. i only have 10 months remaining on my WP

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Federal skilled worker is an immigration class that is based on a points system and not tied to a province.