+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO to "extend" an Post Grad WP by applying for a Temp Work Permit?

andreww

Dec 21, 2012
Hi, all.

I am working under a post-grad work permit which expires next May. Of course an LMO was not needed for this permit.

I expect to soon have a provincial nomination as a skilled worker/post grad Canadian experience class. I believe the full application to CiC will not be dealt with by them before my post-grad work permit expires, so I assume I need to apply to extend it before it does so.

My main question is do I need my employers to seek an LMO? I read that I am exempt if I am on a post grad permit.

Thank you.

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Hello

Read bellow and take a look at the new rule (Dec 20 2012) at the given link, you "may" not need to have an LMO to get an open work permit:

"who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) may be considered for an open work permit if their current work permit is about to expire."

Please read below and see if it can be applied to your case:

cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-20.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic#.UNR2u_T4Wcw.facebook