+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO timeline

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Mermaid3011.. Yeah me too, I understand where you are coming from. Mine was applied on the 30th of March and then forwarded to Toronto.. They informed my employer that it is only going to take 5 to 6 weeks but this is the 8th week and no word from them yet. They said that they will just call my employer once they have the result. I am also in Canada right now and my visa will expire in September.. Did you apply for an extension? What country are you from?

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
babycakes said:
Mermaid3011.. Yeah me too, I understand where you are coming from. Mine was applied on the 30th of March and then forwarded to Toronto.. They informed my employer that it is only going to take 5 to 6 weeks but this is the 8th week and no word from them yet. They said that they will just call my employer once they have the result. I am also in Canada right now and my visa will expire in September.. Did you apply for an extension? What country are you from?
Babycakes - I just emailed you directly but for the others (fyi):

I found someone on another forum who is in the same situation as we are. He applied around April 1 2009 in Toronto, ON and Service Canada contacted his employer on 20th May 09 and they advised the employer that HRSDC would have the results out by end of this month.

That is by the end of this week. So let's hope for the best.

I applied for a WP already (concurrent processing) in Vegreville. As soon as the LMO comes through we have to update my WP application in Vegreville with all the information they need, but by handing in the WP application on the exact same day when we applied for the LMO we are saving about 6-8 weeks time. That's what the immigration lawyer of my company advised us to do.

I am from Germany and currently on a Work&Travel Visa which expires coming Saturday, May 30st (AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........)

k3v1n

May 15, 2009
my employer applied last january, until now no words from them about the approval.. still waiting.

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Service Canada is currently processing application received on the last week of March. Once your application is assigned to an agent, you will have to wait for additional one week before they come up with a decision.

fyi.

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
I am so sorry to hear this! It's a ridiculous game they are playing and it really makes me mad!!!
All this waiting and not knowing - how can they do that to human beings?!

monina1004

May 8, 2009
LMO, TWP, and AINP issuing in alberta is soon to be closed!!!!

this is really shocked me,, i heard from a friend yesterday that lmo, temp. work permit, and PNP in ALBERTA is soon to be closed this coming june.. i search it in the cic website but i cant see the topic or news..it's really confusing me if it's true or not?? have you heard about that guys??

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Re: LMO, TWP, and AINP issuing in alberta is soon to be closed!!!!

monina1004 said:
this is really shocked me,, i heard from a friend yesterday that lmo, temp. work permit, and PNP in ALBERTA is soon to be closed this coming june.. i search it in the cic website but i cant see the topic or news..it's really confusing me if it's true or not?? have you heard about that guys??
No I dont think they'll stop it totally - they are just very reluctant in giving any kind of WP to foreign workers these days. Not just in Alberta - also in the other provinces!

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
babycakes said:
Service Canada is currently processing application received on the last week of March. Once your application is assigned to an agent, you will have to wait for additional one week before they come up with a decision.
I just received the same message from our lawyer. They havent received a decision on a case that was submitted on March 27th. They don't expect to have an answer before end of next week - earliest.

... sigh...

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Be patient. Pray a lot. Worrying couldn't do a thing, it won't add a minute to your life, but may certainly shorten it by all the stress. From my experience, it really depends on the agent who's handling the case. Although they do have certain guidelines to follow, some agents are meticulous, some are kind and considerate, while some are just slow. In my case, I had the same application as with my friend. We both applied for the same employer, and we both had the same position. I applied 2 weeks earlier but my LMO was issued a few weeks later than my friend's. Even if you and your employer meet all the requirements, it's kind of like a hit and miss thing-- if the agent is a speedy worker, good for you, but if your papers fall thru the cracks, you have more waiting to do!

onting

Apr 7, 2009
I agree with you Twix, being patient will relieve the stress of waiting. So I think you should really wait and hoping that it will yield a positive one. In my case, my LMO was applied in Edmonton March 29 and released May 11 and then a revised LMO was issued May 19 just to correct the expiry date from 11/11/2010 to 11/11/2009 a day after I submitted my visa application so I have to submit the revised LMO to replace the old one. Good luck guys!!

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
hi onting and twix,

thanks so much for your support! it is really true: worrying doesnt help and doesnt speed up the process! unfortunately ... cause worrying is my core competency :eek:)

Its just so hard not to..... everybody tells me that our case is strong but I am still afraid they would deny the LMO. If there was someone who could at least say: yes I had a similar case and the lmo was positive...

Unfortunately my job is only skill level B and not A like yours, TWIX.

Onting, what's your job/noc?

Oh dear... I know.... patience.... :eek:)

Cheers Brigit