+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO runs out 30 October!!

jeffg

Feb 4, 2013
Hi,

My LMO runs out on the 30th October, I have a full time job in Canada and am living with my Canadian Partner in Guelph. We are in the process of sponsorship and we have had confirmation of her eligability to sponsor me but my screening in still in progress, all the paperwork was sent to London.
I have requested another 6 month LMO is this the right thing to do? and can I go to the USA for the day and start my new LMO upon re-entry or is there some way of renewing it without leaving the country??

I asked a similar question to CIC but got no reply as yet!!

Any advice is welcome.

Kind Regards

Jeff

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi Jeff,

Your question sounds very confusing and it hard to exactly make out the original intention.

LMO is applied for and received by employer on behalf of employee. So YOU cannot apply for LMO by yourself. Secondly, if you are working already, i presume it is the Work permit whose expiry you are talking about, LMO expiry is irrelevant as long as you got the permit at the port of entry and started working in Canada.

If you continue to work for the same employer for whom you got the original LMO and work permit for, you can apply for work permit extension which i believe you already have. If you choose a different employer, you will have to get a new LMO and then work permit.

If you got a work permit extension and your temp resident visa is still valid, i dont think you need any thing like flag polling (crossing the border to US and coming back). It is needed in other circumstances such as when you are in canada on a visit and then got a job offer, LMO and work visa, then flag pole is used. But i am not very sure about the details.

jeffg said:
Hi,

My LMO runs out on the 30th October, I have a full time job in Canada and am living with my Canadian Partner in Guelph. We are in the process of sponsorship and we have had confirmation of her eligability to sponsor me but my screening in still in progress, all the paperwork was sent to London.
I have requested another 6 month LMO is this the right thing to do? and can I go to the USA for the day and start my new LMO upon re-entry or is there some way of renewing it without leaving the country??

I asked a similar question to CIC but got no reply as yet!!

Any advice is welcome.

Kind Regards

Jeff