+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lmo question

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Hello friends i want to know if someone lets say in welder trade or carpenter trade gets a lmo outside canada how much years of experience he needs to get visa to canada or on what basis visa officer gives visa to a worker who has positive lmo?

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
it really depends on your employer. some asking for atleast 1 year experience and others 5 years experience. can you check this site so you could see what i'm talking about (jobbank.gc.ca). i want to give you a link for a direct access but this forum won't allow me. :) .i'm finding my uncle an employer and that is what i found. i hope it helps. :)

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
thanks for your reply bro.really appreciate that.
my question was lets say i got an offer letter after working in my field for 4-5 months and apply for work permit on what basis will visa officer will give me busy like what he consider is there any requirement that i have to be working for particular number of months or yers before applying?

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Amansingh, its not just the offer, you have to have a positive LMO, for LMO to be approved, they will see if you have the required skills and experience and that there are no local hires possible, if you are employer can convince that you are the man for the job then you will have more probability for a successful WP

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
thanks for your reply bro....
my question is same lets say i got the positive lmo ok.now when i apply for work permit on what basis will visa officer will give me job.
because even after getting positive lmo my friend didnt got the visa......
so factors weigh in when they issue work permit?except lmo.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Ohh... ok Aman... there could be various reasons for VISA getting rejected, what was the reason for your friend.

If you can justify your qualification and skills, then it should be easy.

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
he mentioned you will not leave country after work permit expiration.....
so how he could have convinced him that he will eave country after expiration?

KJV1611

Oct 7, 2013
amansingh123 said:
he mentioned you will not leave country after work permit expiration.....
so how he could have convinced him that he will eave country after expiration?
HI,
one of the reason is your family, chances are big if you have children, cause the officer will know that
you will be back once your permit expires.

Thanks
God Bless

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
that is ridiculous if someone is not married that means he cannot get work permit?
and what will someone do without a work permit in canada nobody will offer him job or anything....

KJV1611

Oct 7, 2013
amansingh123 said:
that is ridiculous if someone is not married that means he cannot get work permit?
and what will someone do without a work permit in canada nobody will offer him job or anything....
I didn't say "he/she cannot have work permit" chances are big (to have permit) if you have dependents back home.
Thanks
God BLess

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
oh ok thanks. :)
but other factors increase chances....
in some cases i find canada a little racists like people from ireland caan come and work without permit for a year and from other countries like from India they decline the visa even after positive lmo.Its very bad for canadian reputation normally canada is seen as racist but this kind of make them. :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
amansingh123 said:
oh ok thanks. :)
but other factors increase chances....
in some cases i find canada a little racists like people from ireland caan come and work without permit for a year and from other countries like from India they decline the visa even after positive lmo.Its very bad for canadian reputation normally canada is seen as racist but this kind of make them. :(
The reason why some countries have higher rates of visa refusals is because those countries have higher rates of visa abuse (meaning that a higher number of people from those countries come to Canada and then overstay their visas). Because these countries have a higher rate of visa abuse, this means applicants from these countries must work harder to prove they are genuine workers / visitors and won't overstay their visas.