+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processiong time in AB

StefanYU

Feb 16, 2012
Hello people, could anyone update me on the current waiting time for the LMO in Alberta? My employer will be applying soon enough and i need to have this info coz of the plane ticket. The occupation is NOC7411 long haul truck driver. Thank you very much in advance! :)

iyamsky_04

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
YES
StefanYU said:
Hello people, could anyone update me on the current waiting time for the LMO in Alberta? My employer will be applying soon enough and i need to have this info coz of the plane ticket. The occupation is NOC7411 long haul truck driver. Thank you very much in advance! :)
Approx. 90 days

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
iyamsky_04 said:
Approx. 90 days
A friend of mine has been waiting over four months for the LMO to come so she can hire.

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StefanYU said:

If your employer has open Lmo, it would take 2-3 weeks time to get the confirmation number from HRSDC, I got mine exactly 3 weeks. But if your employer will then apply your Lmo, it's approximately 3 months.

StefanYU

Feb 16, 2012
Thank you guys. My employer is yet to apply and I am asking because of the plane ticket. I know for a fact that embassy takes about 2 months to process the documents and issue the work permit once.
I wouldn't be offended be if more people shared their timelines as well ;D

ATS2012

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-12-2012
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
Med's Request
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time.
LANDED..........
IF GOD'S WILL, SOON...............
My LMO Processing Take 2months in Alberta, issued just first week of December 2012
Hope it would help.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you a citizen of Visitor Visa Exemptions country? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

A positive LMO doesn't guarantee approval of work permit. I think it wouldn't be wise to buy air ticket until you get an approval of your work permit.

StefanYU said:

StefanYU

Feb 16, 2012
scorpion_ca said:
Are you a citizen of Visitor Visa Exemptions country?

A positive LMO doesn't guarantee approval of work permit. I think it wouldn't be wise to buy air ticket until you get an approval of your work permit.
Unfortunately, not a citizen of a visa exempt country(Serbia).

I am aware that positive LMO is not a guarantee but I cannot file an application for a work permit without it.

As for the plane ticket, you'll understand in a bit.
If I buy the ticket now dating May 1, which is 5 months in advance, it costs around 600CAD(Belgrade-Toronto, LOT airlines) and also but a ticket from Toronto to Calgary now, both shouldn't be more than..okay, say 1000CAD tops.
IF, however, I buy both tickets once i get the work permit, or maybe one week in advance, two weeks tops, the price would be, believe it or not, around 3200CAD for the first one and 600 for the other one.

That being said, i don't know about you but i'd rather spend 1000 than 3800, wouldn't you? :D

And besides, the tickets can be returned and i even believe fully refunded.

Oh and.. the tickets will not be purchased by me, but by my employer because it is his duty to pay for the expenses of my trip(see part after Q77 in the LMO application) and mustn't demand any refunds from me. And I believe that if I get a cheaper ticket for him, he will value that. Wouldn't you agree?

And one more thing i've found out just earlier today, since the embassy in Belgrade is no longer operating, we now file the application in the Canadian embassy in Vienna, Austria and they take at least 20 days(says so on their website) to issue the wp. One month is the average time.

So if my calculations are correct, 3 months for HRSDC and 1 month for the embassy, one month for the post service to deliver the documents and stuff.. I'll be buying a plane ticket for at least 6 months in advance, which i think is reasonable. 8)

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's totally up to your decision...........

Are you sure that you will get full refund if you cancel your ticket? There is a fee around $300 to $450 for cancellation of your air ticket in Canada. It also depends on the travel agent.

Best of luck.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
StefanYU said:
Unfortunately, not a citizen of a visa exempt country(Serbia).

I am aware that positive LMO is not a guarantee but I cannot file an application for a work permit without it.

As for the plane ticket, you'll understand in a bit.
If I buy the ticket now dating May 1, which is 5 months in advance, it costs around 600CAD(Belgrade-Toronto, LOT airlines) and also but a ticket from Toronto to Calgary now, both shouldn't be more than..okay, say 1000CAD tops.
IF, however, I buy both tickets once i get the work permit, or maybe one week in advance, two weeks tops, the price would be, believe it or not, around 3200CAD for the first one and 600 for the other one.

That being said, i don't know about you but i'd rather spend 1000 than 3800, wouldn't you? :D

And besides, the tickets can be returned and i even believe fully refunded.

Oh and.. the tickets will not be purchased by me, but by my employer because it is his duty to pay for the expenses of my trip(see part after Q77 in the LMO application) and mustn't demand any refunds from me. And I believe that if I get a cheaper ticket for him, he will value that. Wouldn't you agree?

And one more thing i've found out just earlier today, since the embassy in Belgrade is no longer operating, we now file the application in the Canadian embassy in Vienna, Austria and they take at least 20 days(says so on their website) to issue the wp. One month is the average time.

So if my calculations are correct, 3 months for HRSDC and 1 month for the embassy, one month for the post service to deliver the documents and stuff.. I'll be buying a plane ticket for at least 6 months in advance, which i think is reasonable. 8)
I'm guessing your employer doesn't have to pay your airfare?

Sites like Hotwire.com travel in and out of Belgrade and to Canada. They offer last minute flight deals. I used one on my last trip to Canada and saved almost half the price of the ticket.

StefanYU

Feb 16, 2012
No agents, i'm buying stuff directly from the company. My employer will be purchasing the tickets but it's my job(or at least i feel like i should do this) to find the best offer from him.
I am not sure they will fully refund at all! I am sure LOT will if i return the ticket 30 days(or so) before the flight and in case my visa application is rejected, which they have to be notified of.
Thanks for the link, I will look into it!

Need more LMO processing time info!

ATS2012

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-12-2012
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
Med's Request
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time.
LANDED..........
IF GOD'S WILL, SOON...............
StefanYU said:
Time required to process the LMO in AB, anyone?
For me it took 2 months