+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO May 2014

G2G

Apr 16, 2014
Anyone has an experience how much time it would take normally to get an LMO in BC.

Share information please!!

NOC: 2131
Applied: 2nd may
Application received by service canada: 23rd May

PS: First attempt for the LMO was reject due to new rules for the job advertisements.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
G2G said:
Anyone has an experience how much time it would take normally to get an LMO in BC.

Share information please!!

PS: First attempt for the LMO was reject due to new rules for the job advertisements.
Officially, Service Canada says 8 weeks. However, it generally takes 12-16 weeks for normal case. Something fishy in your LMO application might pull up the processing time to 28weeks. As you belong to a skilled NOC, processing might also be fast.

Could you elaborate how did you miss the job adv in the first attempt. Also, share when did you apply for LMO first time and date it was rejected. (I am trying to come to an understanding on how many days Service Canada takes to reject a LMO)

G2G

Apr 16, 2014
Well the first time my employer applied application in Feb end and in march Service Canada changed the rules specially in relation to advertisement, which now need 4 weeks advertisement & clearly specified the role, location & salary etc. The first application was rejected in march end. Note that it normally take ONE MONTH (4 weeks) time for service canada to acknowledge your application and after that it takes 8-12 weeks for the LMO.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
G2G said:
Well the first time my employer applied application in Feb end and in march Service Canada changed the rules specially in relation to advertisement, which now need 4 weeks advertisement & clearly specified the role, location & salary etc. The first application was rejected in march end. Note that it normally take ONE MONTH (4 weeks) time for service canada to acknowledge your application and after that it takes 8-12 weeks for the LMO.
Ok. LMO will definitely test the patience. However, it is good to wait for a positive result. Just for your information, my spouse LMO was launched on Apr 9 and Service Canada contacted employer for confirming the employer details in the first week of May. Right now, the process is in 8th week. (NOC 2174,Province - BC)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like IntoCanada said, it takes 12 - 16 weeks. I've had several employers apply for LMOs and that average holds true. However, I'm not sure how processing times have changed in the past month or so since I got mine.

G2G

Apr 16, 2014
Guys...just to update you all

Vancouver BC

LMO approved: 18th June 2014

all the best to everyone.

pkefal

Jan 26, 2014
Are you sure it wasn't an unnamed LMO were your employer just put your name on it? I haven't heard of an LMO that takes almost 4 weeks since they received it to be approved, except in LCP.

Good one though.. let's see if I ever gonna take it.. 20 weeks now..

Good luck!

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Quick question if anyone knows: if an employer has an approved LMO with a name but it hasn't been used (the employee is no longer available), can the name be changed on the LMO without going through the whole process again?

G2G

Apr 16, 2014
pkefal said:
Are you sure it wasn't an unnamed LMO were your employer just put your name on it? I haven't heard of an LMO that takes almost 4 weeks since they received it to be approved, except in LCP.

Good one though.. let's see if I ever gonna take it.. 20 weeks now..

Good luck!
Hi pkefal, No its named LMO. In my case the first LMO was rejected due to change in advertisement rules in March. The LMO was then re-submitted and got approval quickly.