+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO issues and other, please help!

Discussion in 'Canadian Labour Legislation' started by Pullox, Feb 28, 2013.

1. What happens if my employer never paid me either the salary he declared he would pay me on the LMO nor the 6% vacation?

I received my PR a month ago, I asked for my first year vacation that was never paid and mentioned the LMO subject to him. A month later he laid me off saying there is no work for me, when clearly we have houses to frame and lack of man power. He never gave me a two week notice after working for 2 1/2 years for him. Just told me to grab my things and go (he used the words laid off though). A day later I find a new job a and when I asked for my record of employment he says I should help frame those houses at least for 2 weeks ???

what should I do :'(?

thank you

2. You can take him to small claims court.

3. Thank you scylla, I contacted employment standards and they were very helpful, just need to gather documents and file a complaint, then they'll investigate my case.
    Too bad we have to come to this instances but justice is not only a right but an obligation too.

4. Hi
    I want to canada LMO work visa help me

5. No one on this forum can help you. You need to find a job in Canada on your own and that employer has to be willing to get an LMIA so that you can apply for a work permit. There are no jobs on this forum. So this is not the right place to be asking or looking.