+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO in motion - Should I bring family when applying for TWP at Van airport?

Kers1978

Jan 7, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Hi Guys,

Just to give some background.

I got a job offer in Nov 09 doing credit control in Vancouver. Employer is a sister company to co. i work for in U.K. Employer has gone through a solicitor in order to obtain my visa. It sadly got rejected due to low wage? $42kCAD stating that a Canadian can do the job. The next step advised was that my employer try the LMO route min of 2 weeks advert on government website.

I just wondered if anyone has experience of this? If all is well with that, I will then have to apply for my TWP at port of entry which will be Vancouver.

I planned to move with my fiancé and 3 children. I have read that application on arrival doesn't guarantee successful TWP application. Does anyone know of the main reasons people are rejected at this stage? Long term we want to apply for PR and with the job have 70+ points if that info helps.

I know it is risky but one were willing to take. Want/need this more then ever. But because of children it would be good to know of it would be better to go alone first but can I then guarantee my family will get entry if they come a couple of weeks later?

Any advice would be appreciated?