+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO for international student

swapnil

Mar 5, 2012
Hello,

I am international student and i just finished my 1 year course in Canada. Now i am working in hospitality sector and my owner dont have LMO but she is told me that for me she will apply for LMO. so I just want to know that, is it possible to get LMO for employer if worker already started to work with same employer. what is a process for that? And i read some where that "job opportunity can be offered by a different employer than the employer that offered the position under the PGWPP"

Please let me know in detail that what should i have to do because as i am going to apply for my PGWP and i have completed 1 year course so i will get 8 months or 1 year PG work permit.

Thank you.

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Swapnil

Because you have the right to get your PGWP, I suggest that you use it because it is almost granted that you will get it and does not use the application of LMO with your potential employer right now. Better, after 1 year of be working with she, then she apply for an LMO to extend your work permit. After that you have worked for around 9 month with PGWP, you can start to work on getting the LMO, in that case, with the current rules, your employer does not need proves of advertising because you have been working with her with your PGWP. If you apply to an LMO right now, it is ok, but I would think that you are wasting your 1 year of PGWP. Also, other advantage to getting your PGWP now, it is that your work permit is "OPEN", so if you do not like your employer, you can change it at any time and look for other, but with an LMO, work permit will be "closed", you can not work for other company in case you do not like.

Those are my thoughts and advise,, hope it helps!

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
Hi Swapnil!

First of all congratulations that you have a Job and the best of all employer is ready to file LMO.

I HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION LIKE YOU ONE YEAR BACK. I RECEIVED MY LMO AND 3 YEARS WORK PERMIT NOW.

I would like to suggest you to take some precautions while planning your years ahead, the most important thing in your profile is your job title i.e NOC Code. So wherever you work or receive any kind of help always remember that you should have job title and duties which should match from any code of NOC A B or O list.
Secondly don't wait for PGWP to expire because for us every second counts and in this country we cant believe anyone for any kind of support or help, always remember we are temporary residents and citizens need us for help them in their purpose, once it is solved you are gone. Keep contacts with every employer and be useful to your existing, get your LMO done as soon as you join in your PGWP because LMO take 2-3months time and if it get rejected for some reason you will run out of time.

Do share your job title, I will try to guide you best on paper work and strategy to follow to be in proper status till you get PR.

Jitu

swapnil

Mar 5, 2012
I am working in Saskatchewan at A&W restaurant as a kitchen helper. n I am going for apply my PGWP in july. So please suggest me that what kind of procedure me and my owner have to do.

Thanx a lot

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
swapnil said:
I am working in Saskatchewan at A&W restaurant as a kitchen helper. n I am going for apply my PGWP in july. So please suggest me that what kind of procedure me and my owner have to do.

Thanx a lot
For restaurant I would suggest you to play safe and avoid LMO for Job title like kitchen help, Cook or restaurant manager as there are heaps of files already pending for these NOC Codes. My experience I have successfully received positive LMO for all my friends under NOC 6216-B

check this for reference "http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/qc/job_futures/statistics/6216.shtml"

Convince your employer to complete paper work for job title of " Sales and Service supervisor", you need a employment contract (permanent position) for average salary of $16per hour and proof of establishment.

I usually remain online on gtalk, we can chat if you need assistance. j.jitu1011 at gmail . com

Cheers

swapnil

Mar 5, 2012
I think its impossible to get this position at restaurant. I had also doubt to get LMO in kitchen helper field but latter i talked to my owner and she told me that dont worry i have a very good relations to SINP govt. n my record is also good, last 3 year she didnt apply for LMO. So she told me that is almost 0% chance to reject LMO.

rohitt

Jun 22, 2012
Hi

I am also in same kind of situation, I am on 1 year PGWP which is expiring in Jan 2013. Right now I am full time worker in Broadcasting media in one of North America's leading Media Company. My job is related to the field of my studies here in Canada. I am on 1 year contract which says its a Temporary position as my stay in Canada was temporary. So my Company issued me with temporary job, which 101% can be renewed (they need me) But as I said its one of the biggest company I am scared if they will do all those hassles for LMO. I am not sure even if I how I can get LMO, I wish if there is a way to apply without company have to prove and say a lot. I mean my job is genuine , company is just perfect they can renew my contract but I don't know how much they have to involve to get me LMO.....Please guide.. I need serious HELP!!

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
rohitt said:
Hi

I am also in same kind of situation, I am on 1 year PGWP which is expiring in Jan 2013. Right now I am full time worker in Broadcasting media in one of North America's leading Media Company. My job is related to the field of my studies here in Canada. I am on 1 year contract which says its a Temporary position as my stay in Canada was temporary. So my Company issued me with temporary job, which 101% can be renewed (they need me) But as I said its one of the biggest company I am scared if they will do all those hassles for LMO. I am not sure even if I how I can get LMO, I wish if there is a way to apply without company have to prove and say a lot. I mean my job is genuine , company is just perfect they can renew my contract but I don't know how much they have to involve to get me LMO.....Please guide.. I need serious HELP!!
Hi Rohit!

You are among few lucky people who has job and can arrange LMO with genuine employment.

You should not worry if your company need you, LMO is kind of hassle free process in your case as you are working with PGWP the tougest task is to prove your job with a matching NOC code. So I cant actually answer your query unless I know Your job Title or duties. LMO now a days take 3-4 months due to pending application so I will suggest you to keep looking for a right time to discuss it with your Team Lead of HR.

I can help you with my experience though I need to know your NOC code first.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Jitu1011 said:
For restaurant I would suggest you to play safe and avoid LMO for Job title like kitchen help, Cook or restaurant manager as there are heaps of files already pending for these NOC Codes. My experience I have successfully received positive LMO for all my friends under NOC 6216-B

check this for reference "http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/qc/job_futures/statistics/6216.shtml"

Convince your employer to complete paper work for job title of " Sales and Service supervisor", you need a employment contract (permanent position) for average salary of $16per hour and proof of establishment.

I usually remain online on gtalk, we can chat if you need assistance. j.jitu1011 at gmail . com

Cheers
Hello,

The info you have provided in this thread was really helpful. I am in Saskatoon right now and have completed one year program in BC. I have a job with Tim hortons and they are really happy with my work so the manager is ready to promote me to the supervisor position if that helps with the LMO. So, the NOC code would be 6212-B. I will be applying for the PGWP on 1st of August and I am very sure that the length of the work permit would be an year long. One point completely in my favor is that considering that the job is in NOC B and I am an international graduate with a PGWP, the employer won't have to demonstrate the recruitment efforts for the position. My question is according to your prior experience, what are the chances of me getting the LMO for this NOC code after about 10 months into the job which would be in march 2013? I have checked the HRSDC quarterly stats and they seem to be in my favour. What's your say on the situation?

P.S. just to be on a safer side, i have actually got admission in red river college in case I find it too risky to go for the PGWP. thanks a ton for your help and hope to hear back from you soon.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
karankullar said:
Hello,

The info you have provided in this thread was really helpful. I am in Saskatoon right now and have completed one year program in BC. I have a job with Tim hortons and they are really happy with my work so the manager is ready to promote me to the supervisor position if that helps with the LMO. So, the NOC code would be 6212-B. I will be applying for the PGWP on 1st of August and I am very sure that the length of the work permit would be an year long. One point completely in my favor is that considering that the job is in NOC B and I am an international graduate with a PGWP, the employer won't have to demonstrate the recruitment efforts for the position. My question is according to your prior experience, what are the chances of me getting the LMO for this NOC code after about 10 months into the job which would be in march 2013? I have checked the HRSDC quarterly stats and they seem to be in my favour. What's your say on the situation?

P.S. just to be on a safer side, i have actually got admission in red river college in case I find it too risky to go for the PGWP. thanks a ton for your help and hope to hear back from you soon.
If your Manager is ready to provide you LMO for supervisory position, just go ahead and dont waste time with anything else, apply for LMO as soon as you receive LMO (Expected in 3 months from your date of application) and if you have previous work experience you can simply file your PR. You can file LMO on next day of joining so your experience with same employer is of not much relevance, the PGWP holder just get benefit of recruitment effort waiver and it doesnt matter you are working in same ob for week or month or year. I applied in one month of my part time employment with offer of full time at later date.

If your offer of employment provide a longer term or indeterminate period than you will get work permit for 3 years, I will still suggest not to waste more money on education, if you have everything in your favor.

Cheers!

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Thanks for you reply man. I probably will go with PGWP and LMO instead of any more studies. So you suggest that I should not wait even for a few months and just tell my employer to apply for the LMO right away? I think that won't be of any use as I have the PGWP anyway and waiting is something which goes in my favor and not against me, isn't it?

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
karankullar said:
Thanks for you reply man. I probably will go with PGWP and LMO instead of any more studies. So you suggest that I should not wait even for a few months and just tell my employer to apply for the LMO right away? I think that won't be of any use as I have the PGWP anyway and waiting is something which goes in my favor and not against me, isn't it?

See if you already have one year work experience prior to coming canada then you dont need to wait as you can simply file PR under FSW-2 category, which says "if you have minimum one year experience in any noc o,a,b listed job and currently obtained offer of employment with canadian employer in any noc o,a,b listed job you can file federal PR"

SO in your case if you have PGWP and say apply for LMO in Aug you will probably get it in Nov/Dec and which will have validity till June2013. This means you have enough time to decide whether to apply new extended work permit for same employer or just to change employer..

Hope you understand what I meant, there is no point to waste time as applying for LMO doesnt affect your PGWP status at all

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Jitu1011 said:
See if you already have one year work experience prior to coming canada then you dont need to wait as you can simply file PR under FSW-2 category, which says "if you have minimum one year experience in any noc o,a,b listed job and currently obtained offer of employment with canadian employer in any noc o,a,b listed job you can file federal PR"

SO in your case if you have PGWP and say apply for LMO in Aug you will probably get it in Nov/Dec and which will have validity till June2013. This means you have enough time to decide whether to apply new extended work permit for same employer or just to change employer..

Hope you understand what I meant, there is no point to waste time as applying for LMO doesnt affect your PGWP status at all
Well this I understand that I can apply under FSW category but haven't they stopped accepting applications on July 1, 2012. Check the CIC website, it says that the federal skilled worker program has temporarily stopped taking applications and would start taking them again anytime early 2013. Also, I don't have any experience in this field, or for that matter, any field from back in India. I never worked there. Although there is a 1 and a half year gap which is not yet explained in anyway but I am not sure if I want to take the risk of any "nakli" documents!
What I was planning is that I keep working with Tim Hortons for another, say 9 months and then in April or 2013, I apply for the LMO. Because the only problem I have with my PGWP is that it will be good till 15th of August, 2013 (approx) and I will be eligible to apply for the nomination on or around 22nd May. That leaves me with very less time to get the nomination and I am pretty much sure that SINP won't get me the nomination in that 2 and half month. This LMO will enable me to keep working while I wait for the nomination. Also, this LMO for international students, usually gets you a 2 year work permit, isn't it? And considering I will be a food service supervisor(NOC 6212-B) by the time my employer files for the LMO and the two conditions eased (wage and efforsts to hire canadians), I don't think there should be a problem to get the LMO, what do you think?

anuvikram

Jul 2, 2010
Jitu1011 said:
Hi Swapnil!

First of all congratulations that you have a Job and the best of all employer is ready to file LMO.

I HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION LIKE YOU ONE YEAR BACK. I RECEIVED MY LMO AND 3 YEARS WORK PERMIT NOW.

I would like to suggest you to take some precautions while planning your years ahead, the most important thing in your profile is your job title i.e NOC Code. So wherever you work or receive any kind of help always remember that you should have job title and duties which should match from any code of NOC A B or O list.
Secondly don't wait for PGWP to expire because for us every second counts and in this country we cant believe anyone for any kind of support or help, always remember we are temporary residents and citizens need us for help them in their purpose, once it is solved you are gone. Keep contacts with every employer and be useful to your existing, get your LMO done as soon as you join in your PGWP because LMO take 2-3months time and if it get rejected for some reason you will run out of time.

Do share your job title, I will try to guide you best on paper work and strategy to follow to be in proper status till you get PR.

Jitu
plz give me ur contact no. i need ur help regarding lmo.kapoor.vikram86@gmail.com

anuvikram

Jul 2, 2010
Jitu1011 said:

jeetu i need ur help 4 lmo.plz provide me ur contact no. thx