+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO file number? I´ve been waiting for +16 weeks

JorV

Feb 3, 2014
Hi there!

My employer sent the application around first week in October ( it´s been 15 or 16 weeks since ), and they told me they don´t know nothing about any File Number.
So, I don´t understand what´s going on. In case I´m not speaking clear enough and there´s actually a file number, am I able to call and ask about the status by myself? Or only my employer have to do it? .
Any information would be really appreciate it,
Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Only the employer can call unfortunately.

JorV

Feb 3, 2014
Thanks Scylla,

That´s not a big deal. But I´d like to know if there exist a file number or something similar that is assigned to my application at some point so it can be tracked.

Ronaldonyx

Sep 28, 2010
Re: LMO file number? I´ve been waiting for +16 weeks

JorV said:
Hi there!

My employer sent the application around first week in October ( it´s been 15 or 16 weeks since ), and they told me they don´t know nothing about any File Number.
So, I don´t understand what´s going on. In case I´m not speaking clear enough and there´s actually a file number, am I able to call and ask about the status by myself? Or only my employer have to do it? .
Any information would be really appreciate it,
Thanks.
Hi! There won't be any file number for LMO application but there is what they call Labour Market Opinion (LMO) Confirmation #. That number would only be known once your employer receives the LMO himself/herself. By all means, you or your employer won't be able to make a follow up. I hope your employer did send the application with a tracking number. That would suffice to know the office received their application. Approved or disapproved, your employer should be receiving a call regarding the status of their LMO application. As to time frame, I won't be so sure how long would it take these days. I received mine approximately after 5 weeks last year.

JorV

Feb 3, 2014
Thanks Ronaldonyx ,

yeah, this is my second time getting a LMO and the first time 2 years ago was super fast ( only 3 weeks ). But indeed things have changed this time.
Good to know about the tracking number, but I´m afraid they don´t have none. So we are just waiting for something to came up.

Thank you!

Ronaldonyx

Sep 28, 2010
JorV said:
Thanks Ronaldonyx ,

yeah, this is my second time getting a LMO and the first time 2 years ago was super fast ( only 3 weeks ). But indeed things have changed this time.
Good to know about the tracking number, but I´m afraid they don´t have none. So we are just waiting for something to came up.

Thank you!
You are welcome! I did send my LMO application getting tracked so I would have peace that my personal info wouldn't just be flying anywhere. But yeah, I hope you hear back from Service Canada soon; keeping fingers crossed for you!

dpnctl

Mar 16, 2014
what is format of LMIA number , one of our colleagues got an offer but want to check if that is true.
his LMIA is TR234DF
wr do we check if LMIA is genuine?