+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO and Work Permit

xlnc.saurabh

Dec 16, 2011
Hi

I am currently working on a work permit that expires mid march 2012. Its like mid dec now but I came to know from the HR that the process for getting me a LMO has started just now despite myself giving a prior request months before. Anyways I am working in Edmonton, Alberta and had studied on a study permit in Ontario, finished school in Dec 2010. after which I got a full time open WP for an year. I got a job with a small company in Toronto but then later moved here bcoz this was a beter opportunity.

Now my concern is that whether the time period left for my WP expiry is good enough to get an LMO and then get my WP extended, I mean do I have enough time ?? I am worries bcoz I think LMO takes atleast 2 months so considering the process starts on Jan I would only get my LMO just days before or may be late when my WP expires..

PLease any one has had such a issue, share with me your thoughts or if you know anything in this regards please suggest.

Much Appreciated.
SA

helene333

Feb 10, 2012
xlnc.saurabh said:
Hi

I am currently working on a work permit that expires mid march 2012. Its like mid dec now but I came to know from the HR that the process for getting me a LMO has started just now despite myself giving a prior request months before. Anyways I am working in Edmonton, Alberta and had studied on a study permit in Ontario, finished school in Dec 2010. after which I got a full time open WP for an year. I got a job with a small company in Toronto but then later moved here bcoz this was a beter opportunity.

Now my concern is that whether the time period left for my WP expiry is good enough to get an LMO and then get my WP extended, I mean do I have enough time ?? I am worries bcoz I think LMO takes atleast 2 months so considering the process starts on Jan I would only get my LMO just days before or may be late when my WP expires..

I don't know what the current wait times are to process LMO... We've applied in Decemer and got a letter about a month ago saying one document was missing, we faxed that in and haven't heard anything back. We phoned them 3 weeks ago to see how the process is going and they said about 2-3 more weeks. We called again today and they said 2-3 more weeks... ??? Confusing !!!! I hear pople saying once they call you it'll be quick.... Do they always call you ? Because they sent us a letter, letting us know what document they still needed, so wondering if they have started on our application, and there won't be a phone call anymore ??? This process is stressful, because everyone seems to have different experiences and everytime you call their office, they always say something different... BTW this is for LMO in BC, and for low skilled workers... Any comments would help :)

PLease any one has had such a issue, share with me your thoughts or if you know anything in this regards please suggest.

Much Appreciated.
SA