+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO AND WORK PERMIT

vikasbh23

Mar 20, 2011
Thanks all of you I am back once again I have got the job offer letter and positive LMO from my employer
i will be working as shift supervisor in Richmond BC.and visa will be for one year.first of all how is the city?

Secondly I would like to know how to get a PCC.I know i have to apply this from passport office but i heard it is a long process will take more then 15 days.But someone told me to give some money to agents they will get it faster.is it possible.kindly advice?

Thanks in advace

vikasbh23

Mar 20, 2011
HI EVERYBODY I GOT THE WORK PERMIT OF ONE YEAR IN VANCOUVER BC AS FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR UNDER NOC 6212.MY FIRST QUERY IS HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE TO GET THE PR.

SECOND THING MY VISA WAS ISSUED ON JULY 19 TH LAST MONTH HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE BEFORE I GO TO CANADA,I MEAN IS THERE ANY DEADLINE OR AN EMPLOYER CAN CANCEL MY VISA OR WITHDRAW JOB OFFER AS I HAVE SOME URGENT WORK TO FINISH.

CONSULTANT IS ASKING FOR TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR GETTING ME THE VISA,I FEEL ITS A HUGE AMOUNT AND WE WERE INTERVIEWED BY EMPLOYER BUT STILL THE CONSULTANCY IS ASKING BIG AMT OF MONEY .SUGGEST..........PLS....................

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First you have to find a way to apply for your PR before you can figure out how long it takes. If you qualify to apply as a skilled worker, you can do that. If the employer wants to sponsor you under PNP, you can do that and one last option, if you work for two years which means you would have to get your work permit extended after the one year, you can apply under Canadian experience class. Personally, I think PNP is best for you but this depends on the employer being willing to sponsor you and you must stay with that employer until you get the PR which can easily take up to 2 years.

When does your work permit expire? I think you should go as soon as you can. Do not waste time waiting around or you may lose your chance, employer may get tired of waiting and yes, they can cancel your work permit as long as you are not in Canada yet. If they phone immigration now and say they are not employing you, that is it. If you however get to Canada, you may stay until the expiry of the work permit, even if the employer lays you off.

As for the $10,000 bill by the consultant, it is high but I assume you agreed to pay that when you signed up with this consultant. It is also possible that the consultant is working with the employer and is sharing some of the money with them and if that is the case, you risk your job offer if you don't pay. Maybe you can ask to pay in installments.

rem j.

Aug 26, 2011
Hello everyone, i would like to ask and need help on how to get the LMO and Work permit. I currently worked here in taiwan so i decided to go canada for another job. Could you help me on this matter?

Applying in a Hotel services like housekeeping. I'm sending my CV thru e-mail in one of the hotel in canada, they answer me back asking if i have work permit. Thank you.!

vikasbh23

Mar 20, 2011
THANKS A LOT,BUT ITS BEING JUST ONE MONTH IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ANY EMPLOYER TO WITHDRAW THE OFFER JUST LIKE THAT,WITHOUT INFORMING EMPLOYEE.?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you're still out of Canada, then the employer can withdraw the offer. You have the visa but no work permit yet. If already in Canada and the employee-employer relationship has started then you or the employer can terminate the relationship after either one giving a notice of termination and so many number of days or weeks depending upon what is stipulated on the contract.

vikasbh23 said:
THANKS A LOT,BUT ITS BEING JUST ONE MONTH IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ANY EMPLOYER TO WITHDRAW THE OFFER JUST LIKE THAT,WITHOUT INFORMING EMPLOYEE.?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
HI vikasbh23

Is the consultancy called Masters Academy in New Delhi....????

vikasbh23

Mar 20, 2011
NO GENTLEMAN ITS DIFFERENT THEY DOES NOT HAVE OFFICE IN DELHI,THEY ARE BASED IN CANADA.

OK CAN I GO TO CANADA EVEN IF THE EMPLOYER WITHDRAW JOB OFFER.IS IT POSSIBLE.?

AND GET ANOTHER JOB OVER THERE ....................?

THANKS

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can come but the POE officers sometimes call the employer/s and ask if they are expecting anybody.

vikasbh23 said:
NO GENTLEMAN ITS DIFFERENT THEY DOES NOT HAVE OFFICE IN DELHI,THEY ARE BASED IN CANADA.

OK CAN I GO TO CANADA EVEN IF THE EMPLOYER WITHDRAW JOB OFFER.IS IT POSSIBLE.?

AND GET ANOTHER JOB OVER THERE ....................?

THANKS

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikasbh23 said:
CONSULTANT IS ASKING FOR TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR GETTING ME THE VISA,I FEEL ITS A HUGE AMOUNT AND WE WERE INTERVIEWED BY EMPLOYER BUT STILL THE CONSULTANCY IS ASKING BIG AMT OF MONEY .SUGGEST..........PLS....................
$10,000??? Seriously? For a TRV and WP? I sooooo need to raise my fees. WOW!

Leon said:
When does your work permit expire? I think you should go as soon as you can. Do not waste time waiting around or you may lose your chance, employer may get tired of waiting and yes, they can cancel your work permit as long as you are not in Canada yet. If they phone immigration now and say they are not employing you, that is it. If you however get to Canada, you may stay until the expiry of the work permit, even if the employer lays you off.

As for the $10,000 bill by the consultant, it is high but I assume you agreed to pay that when you signed up with this consultant. It is also possible that the consultant is working with the employer and is sharing some of the money with them and if that is the case, you risk your job offer if you don't pay. Maybe you can ask to pay in installments.
He wouldn't have the WP yet as it will be issued at the POE and should be for as long as stated in the LMO. If the consultant and employer are sharing the money, that's illegal.

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
job_seeker said:
You can come but the POE officers sometimes call the employer/s and ask if they are expecting anybody.
Also, it might have changed since my last Work Permit in 2007, but that permit showed the Employer named on the LMO and clearly stated that if I changed employers (or even if I changed positions with the same employer!), I would need a new Work Permit.