Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Hi guys,

This is the scenario: Service Canada calls an employer in regards to a LMO application employer has filed. Service Canada wasn't able to speak to the person in charged or HR when they called the employer and they called few times. Employer has been returning the calls but for some reason when employer calls, the person in charge from Service Canada isn't available. Apparently only that person from Service Canada is looking into that LMO application. After, as both parties were not able to talk to each other Service Canada closed the LMO application!

What are the chances in re-opening the LMO application again without applying for a new LMO since applying for a new LMO will be several months more. This happened just recently and LMO has just closed.

Thank you!

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
I know of similar case, whereby Service Canada terminated the LMO due to communication inactivity. The affected person and their employer went to a Service Canada office to advise. Recall that it's not Service Canada's burden to handle the filing entity's lack of availability because if that entity (employer) is so very much interested in hiring you, then they should be available any time to handle a call from Service Canada... Thus, the most reasonable ways is, in my view, to go to Service Canada in person and gently explain the mishap.

Good luck!

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Hi Empirical-Scientist,

Thanks for replying and your suggestion. I don't know if my employer will be willing to go to a Service Canada and I want to go on my own but I don't think they will help me in anyway if I show up on my own. It seems like only 1 officer is handling my case and LMO isn't "transferrable" to another person to look into it because my employer called several times and the officer isn't picking up her phone and when my employer call the toll free number which is the general inquiry line, the agent on the other line just advised the employer the file was closed.

Do you know if the LMO case you mentioned got re-open after visiting a Service Canada office?
Thanks a lot.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
That's really unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that. Since an LMO is something that your employer applies for, you won't get anywhere on your own. If your employer chooses to be assertive and pursue this, I suppose it might be possible to get it re-opened. Or simply re-apply. But it is entirely up to your employer. There's not much YOU can do.

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
My employer wants to help me to have the file re-open but apparently the person from Service Canada who handles my LMO file isn't in the office due to sickness. She called few times unable to speak to HR and when HR calls her back is not able to get her, an unsuccessful circle of miscommunication. Service Canada called last week and HR is been trying to reach SC all this week.

How can we have LMO re-open? I cannot file a new LMO because my 90 days stay after the expiry date of my work permit is really fast approaching but if they reopen my LMO I will still have a chance to renew my work permit.

Pls give me whatever tips you may have or have heard of.

Thanks