+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO and no equivilant job

Daniel1989

Oct 28, 2013
Hi guys. Apologies if this has been asked before.
BUT, I've been offered a 2 year job as an Osteopath in BC starting ASAP and am trying to look at the quickest way to get in. - There are very few Osteos in BC and usually American trained osteopathic physicians- which is quite different.
I understand that the employer can apply via an LMO (they have advertised but got nothing) but there is currently no equivalent qualification in Canada to the Osteopathic degree I have (M.Ost D.O - 4 year integrated masters - UK)
Does this mean I can somehow skip an LMO or does it come under whats known as "Other professional Occupations diagnosis and treating working in private practices" NOC: 3123?

Secondly, here in the UK we tend to be self employed not employed as osteopaths... and the LMO is for "employed" could it still work or am I better off waiting for a working holiday visa in Feb?

It seems like quite a confusing process....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Dan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You definitely need an LMO if you want to work now. There is no getting around this requirement. The fact that there is no equivalent to your degree in Canada doesn't mean the LMO doesn't apply to you. You won't be able to get an approved work permit without an approved LMO.

If you want to avoid the LMO, then you'll need to wait for a working holiday visa.