+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

milind852

Sep 6, 2018
Hi there,

I have 2 years of work experience in NOC B category job and with my ielts score i am getting 425 CRS score. There is a different employer who has pre-approved LMIA and he is ready to provided it to me. So if i go with LMIA option do i have to work 1 year with him to get 50 points? or once i have LMIA i will get 50 points right away?

Thanks,
Milind

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Hi there,

I have 2 years of work experience in NOC B category job and with my ielts score i am getting 425 CRS score. There is a different employer who has pre-approved LMIA and he is ready to provided it to me. So if i go with LMIA option do i have to work 1 year with him to get 50 points? or once i have LMIA i will get 50 points right away?

Thanks,
Milind
After working for them for 1-year, you will get separate points for Canadian Work Experience.

The 50 points are for the JOB-OFFER that is supported by an LMIA (unless for LMIA exempt jobs). Your job offer MUST indicate that the offer is valid on the date you file for PR and is going to be valid on the date you are approved as a PR(for at least 1-year).

Last edited:

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
After working for them for 1-year, you will get separate points for Canadian Work Experience.

The 50 points are for the JOB-OFFER that is supported by an LMIA (unless for LMIA exempt jobs). Your job offer MUST indicate that the offer is valid on the date you file for PR and is going to be valid on the date you are approved as a PR.
offer must valid and min 1 year after the date your PR is approved.

Reactions: immonger

milind852

Sep 6, 2018

The 50 points are for the JOB-OFFER that is supported by an LMIA (unless for LMIA exempt jobs). Your job offer MUST indicate that the offer is valid on the date you file for PR and is going to be valid on the date you are approved as a PR(for at least 1-year).
So i even after getting my PR the later should be still valid until 1 year from when i get my PR?

milind852

Sep 6, 2018
I have 2 yeras work experience as technical support agent in call center, but if my LMIA issued based on Gas station manager job would it be valid? because according to one of immigration lawyer it needs to be from same occupation. Please assist

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
So i even after getting my PR the later should be still valid until 1 year from when i get my PR?
What does that mean? Why would it not be valid even after getting PR? You don’t however, have to complete the year on your employment after getting PR. That’s only a requirement for the PR application itself. So that Canada knows there’s something you’re going to be doing once they give you PR. You need this letter because you are claiming 50 points for it.

milind852

Sep 6, 2018
What does that mean? Why would it not be valid even after getting PR? You don’t however, have to complete the year on your employment after getting PR. That’s only a requirement for the PR application itself. So that Canada knows there’s something you’re going to be doing once they give you PR. You need this letter because you are claiming 50 points for it.
Thanks man for sorting this out for me:)

milind852

Sep 6, 2018
Thanks man for sorting this out for me:)
have 2 yeras work experience as technical support agent in call center, but if my LMIA issued based on Gas station manager job would it be valid? because according to one of immigration lawyer it needs to be from same occupation. Please assist

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
have 2 yeras work experience as technical support agent in call center, but if my LMIA issued based on Gas station manager job would it be valid? because according to one of immigration lawyer it needs to be from same occupation. Please assist
Your lawyer is correct. If these 2 years are being used to claim points for 'Foreign Work Experience', then the LMIA also needs to be for the same occupation.

milind852

Sep 6, 2018
Your lawyer is correct. If these 2 years are being used to claim points for 'Foreign Work Experience', then the LMIA also needs to be for the same occupation.
No it's not foreign experience. it is Canadian work experience on my ope work permit