+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia

Shabnam2020

Dec 30, 2019
Hi ChefMayurk
I am Shabnam from Bangladesh and I am facing the same problem as yours. The only difference between me and yours is I applied directly not through consultants. But I did not pay for anything. I have also received an email from Bell Sabine (Talent Manager of Fairmont) on 24th April, saying that they have applied for LMIA and it will take 6 months to be approved and then they will apply for work permit. I also emailed Jessica Mailman, about the status of my application , she said Culinary Administer will email me with some questions, still waiting for their response. Hope it is not scam too. But my question why it is taking so long and now it is holiday.

I have applied for Second Cook position in Fairmont last year. I have gone through the whole recruitment process including online assessment, phone interview, sign on job contract, verification process of job reference and then LMIA.

Chefmayurk

Oct 15, 2019
Hii Shabnam
It was told to me as well that lmia has been applied on April 24 and last update I had from Jessica mailman saying culinary admin would contact me in new year so waiting for it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you emailed Fairmont directly (without telling your agent) to make sure that they are indeed waiting for an LMIA and they are trying to hire you. I would encourage you both to contact Fairmont.

careers@fairmont.com

Chefmayurk

Oct 15, 2019
Have you emailed Fairmont directly (without telling your agent) to make sure that they are indeed waiting for an LMIA and they are trying to hire you. I would encourage you both to contact Fairmont.

careers@fairmont.com
I have been in contact with the contact person from Fairmont as they have applied for my lmia but they always send a reply saying it's in process

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sorry but this still does not sound valid I mean 2 individuals both of whom are told an LMIA application was submitted on exactly the same day.

So when someone says they have contacted the fairmont contact person what was their @ email domain ? Note Sabine Bell according Linkedin no longer works for Fairmont since 6/2019 so should not get any more emails from her.

http://fairmontcareers.com/index.aspx?l=0,21,23,80

Last edited:

Shabnam2020

Dec 30, 2019
I also emailed just a day ago at careers@fairmont.com but did not get any response yet, may be office still not open due to Christmas Holiday. I am also waiting for the cal or email from culinary admin. Their email domain always comes with @fairmont.com. I also called directly at Fairmont to verify but it seems all correct, so nothing to worry.

Chefmayurk

Oct 15, 2019
Sorry but this still does not sound valid I mean 2 individuals both of whom are told an LMIA application was submitted on exactly the same day.

So when someone says they have contacted the fairmont contact person what was their @ email domain ? Note Sabine Bell according Linkedin no longer works for Fairmont since 6/2019 so should not get any more emails from her.

Yes Sabine bell doest work for the Fairmont but we have received mails from jessica.mailman@fairmont.com and also from Deborah pulley bank and domain was @ Fairmont.com

Chefmayurk

Oct 15, 2019
I also emailed just a day ago at careers@fairmont.com but did not get any response yet, may be office still not open due to Christmas Holiday. I am also waiting for the cal or email from culinary admin. Their email domain always comes with @fairmont.com. I also called directly at Fairmont to verify but it seems all correct, so nothing to worry.
Hii Shabnam
Did you get any reply from careera@fairmont.com give me your email address

Shabnam2020

Dec 30, 2019

I know that, I also get to know when checked her linkedin profile and another administrator from fairmont also informed me about this. I think Jessica was replaced by Bell Sabine. I also read many reviews about Fairmont, that there management is very poor. I can understand it now.