+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA workpermit at the Airport

karisya2

Jul 3, 2019
Hello,

I am from a visa-exempt country and hired by an employer who got the LMIA approved.

I know that I can apply at the Airport for the workpermit when I arrive to Canada.

I have some questions:

- I am coming with my wife and son. What do i need to prepare for them? Will my wife get the open work permit at the Airport as well once my application is approved? What about my son, who is 10? does he need to apply for a study permit or something to attend the school?

- Does my wife need to get her medical exam done prior to arriving in Canada just like me to get the open work permit??

Thank you!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,

I am from a visa-exempt country and hired by an employer who got the LMIA approved.

I know that I can apply at the Airport for the workpermit when I arrive to Canada.

I have some questions:

- I am coming with my wife and son. What do i need to prepare for them? Will my wife get the open work permit at the Airport as well once my application is approved? What about my son, who is 10? does he need to apply for a study permit or something to attend the school?

- Does my wife need to get her medical exam done prior to arriving in Canada just like me to get the open work permit??

Thank you!
No, your wife is not yet eligible to apply for a work permit. You need to support her application with an appropriate job skill level and payslips.
She doesn't need a medical at this point in time as she is only a "visitor".

karisya2

Jul 3, 2019
No, your wife is not yet eligible to apply for a work permit. You need to support her application with an appropriate job skill level and payslips.
She doesn't need a medical at this point in time as she is only a "visitor".
thank you.