+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Work Permit from inside Canada but Outside application

Oct 26, 2021
Hello,
I am in Canada as visitor will be getting LMIA. But LMIA will come in March 2022. I am not confident to go to border. How else can I apply work permit? Consultant told me outside application when I am inside Canada. I did not understand.

Yenmek

Jan 18, 2022
Hi, there is a public policy for visitors in Canada with a valid LMIA to apply for work permit inside Canada-(Submit IMM5710). I don't understand why does your consultant has advised you to apply outside Canada application. The policy is in effect until February 28, 2022.

Following is the eligibility criteria:-

The foreign national
  1. is in Canada with valid temporary resident status as a visitor, including status extensions under subsection 183(5) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), that is, maintained status, at the time of work permit application submission
  2. has submitted an employer-specific work permit application using the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710]
  3. has remained in Canada with status since application submission
  4. submitted the application on or before February 28, 2022

Oct 26, 2021
Hi, there is a public policy for visitors in Canada with a valid LMIA to apply for work permit inside Canada-(Submit IMM5710). I don't understand why does your consultant has advised you to apply outside Canada application. The policy is in effect until February 28, 2022.

Following is the eligibility criteria:-

The foreign national
  1. is in Canada with valid temporary resident status as a visitor, including status extensions under subsection 183(5) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), that is, maintained status, at the time of work permit application submission
  2. has submitted an employer-specific work permit application using the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710]
  3. has remained in Canada with status since application submission
  4. submitted the application on or before February 28, 2022
The LMIA will not be approved by 28 Feb 2022. It is taking time for approval. He said approval will come by end of march and public policy will be over by then