+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia work permit delays

drmoneyhunter

Dec 10, 2021
Hi I applied Employer spesific work permit in April.2021 from Ankara embassy. I gave Biometrics and Medical , also have Tourist Visa. I am NOC 3142 I have two questions.
1) My lmia will expire in end of december .Can I receive my work permit from port of entry with LMIA and my official job offer . Is there anyone received closed work permit from port of entry similar to my situation
2) Is there anyone waiting closed work permit so long as like me .

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022
Hi I applied Employer spesific work permit in April.2021 from Ankara embassy. I gave Biometrics and Medical , also have Tourist Visa. I am NOC 3142 I have two questions.
1) My lmia will expire in end of december .Can I receive my work permit from port of entry with LMIA and my official job offer . Is there anyone received closed work permit from port of entry similar to my situation

Hello,
Please find out my timeline and details for the same.

Applied closed work permit(Online) from India for NOC 6311

(1) Permanent Job Offer Letter: 13-April-2021
(2) Upfront Medical Certificate: 28-May-2021
(3) File Online Application Submitted: 08-July-2021
(4) Police Certificate (Not Mandatory): 05-August-2021
(5) Biometric Updated: 09-August-2021
(6) Medical Passed: 14-Dec-2021

Still waiting for the final result and my LMIA will expire in Feb-2022 So worried about it.

Have you received any updates for your profile?

ashokreddykk

Jan 20, 2022
Hi, I am sorry for your situation. Did you get any reply for your work permit? I am also planning for LMIA based work permit. Any reason why they delayed your application? Please advise your inputs.

Jan 10, 2022
Hi, I am sorry for your situation. Did you get any reply for your work permit? I am also planning for LMIA based work permit. Any reason why they delayed your application? Please advise your inputs.
I didn't get any reply or any update from their side. Also not able to find out the reason for it. in my account, it just displays that we are verifying your background and there is no need for any extra documents. So waiting for any reply or answer by them.

gnt

Feb 18, 2020
Any
I didn't get any reply or any update from their side. Also not able to find out the reason for it. in my account, it just displays that we are verifying your background and there is no need for any extra documents. So waiting for any reply or answer by them.
Any update yet

Kisayl123

Sep 8, 2022
I same profile applied on 29 march result out on 12 sept and then visa denied because documents not satisfied and now can I resubmit file

Kisayl123

Sep 8, 2022
Where you applied from and what is the refusal reason?
Reason I think my lawyer did mistakenly visitor visa shows I entered canada as travel coordinator and now I got chef lmia but I did cook certification also I have the both courses in my past..but lawyer did not mention my hotel management cert

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Reason I think my lawyer did mistakenly visitor visa shows I entered canada as travel coordinator and now I got chef lmia but I did cook certification also I have the both courses in my past..but lawyer did not mention my hotel management cert
You need to change your lawyer. Hire a good lawyer.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
And where are you applying from?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What does hotel certification have to do with chef? You need to include employment letters of past experience as a chef. You must show this because you have to prove no Canadian or PR could be hired. Only you have the experience.

Don’t understand what you say about lawyer’s mistake. You are a visitor in Canada? What is your status & how long have you now been in the country?