+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA update

Dikshitchadda

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
As per yesterday press conference, Government of Alberta putting hold on TFW program and adding Dozens of Occupations in refusal to process list and they will update the list on 1st Nov.

Does anyone knows,
1. Will this decision effect to the applicants who Lmia applications has been filed long time before and amount has already been deducted but decision has not been made??
Example : applicant applied in month of june, amount dedcuted(Lmia fees) in October month but decision not yet made.

Please share your thoughts and experience.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As per yesterday press conference, Government of Alberta putting hold on TFW program and adding Dozens of Occupations in refusal to process list and they will update the list on 1st Nov.

Does anyone knows,
1. Will this decision effect to the applicants who Lmia applications has been filed long time before and amount has already been deducted but decision has not been made??
Example : applicant applied in month of june, amount dedcuted(Lmia fees) in October month but decision not yet made.

Please share your thoughts and experience.
The information that I have seen to date does not make these answers clear. Based on how rules like this have been applied in the past, my guess is that any LMIA that falls under one of the occupations impacted and that is not approved by November 1st will be canceled. Any fees already taken will be refunded. That is my guess.

Dikshitchadda

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Thanks for your thoughts.
I have seen a statement in government website under Processing fees head,
"You will not be charged the processing fee, if we had to refuse to process your Labour Market Impact Assessment application or if you are an ineligible employer. In addition, a letter will be sent to you with the reason why your application was not processed."

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your thoughts.
I have seen a statement in government website under Processing fees head,
"You will not be charged the processing fee, if we had to refuse to process your Labour Market Impact Assessment application or if you are an ineligible employer. In addition, a letter will be sent to you with the reason why your application was not processed."
That statement refers to normal processing. What was announced is a temporary new rule.

You'll have to wait and see. Hopefully they will make the details clear soon.

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Could you please tell me about pre approved lmia?. if my employer have pre approved lmia then is it fine?

Dikshitchadda

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
This restriction could only restricts new LMIA processing, if someone have pre approved lmia, all well then.
No need to worry.

Osius

May 26, 2020
@Dikshitchadda, my boss has submitted his LMIA application just a week ago.
What do you exactly mean by "pre approved". Sounds like I'm screwed.

Btw: do you guys have a link or any other source for the above stated press conference?
Thanks!

Dikshitchadda

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
@Dikshitchadda, my boss has submitted his LMIA application just a week ago.
What do you exactly mean by "pre approved". Sounds like I'm screwed.

Btw: do you guys have a link or any other source for the above stated press conference?
Thanks!
Pre approved Lmia means ESDC already approved the Lmia to the employer that he can hire Foreign worker. The main difference is that LMIA is nameless. Employer have to put name of the worker in the lmia and again send it to ESDC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/edmonton/2020/10/26/1_5161476.html