+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Timeline Alberta

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Hi Guys

Please share your timeline for LMIA application.
Mine is:

NOC: 2175
Type: Dual Intent
LMIA submitted: Jan 08, 2019
Fee and Confirmation: Jan 22, 2019
Still waiting for call.

Please share your time and questions for LMIA Alberta.

Thanks

amanmann

Jan 20, 2019
My lawyer sent application on 21 dec 2018. Package received 3rd jan 2019. They never sent us the file no.
Lawyer called them april 4th 2019.and got file no.
No interview call yet. It has been almost 4 months.
Store Supervisor dual intent lmia from BC

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Here is my timeline now:

Got Call on May 7 2019

Reactions: Sanjar718

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Here is my timeline now:

Got Call on May 7 2019
Thank you for such a valuable info. I have a quick question, is processing time same for all provinces? My lawyer applied LMIA from quebec on april 15th. I have the same noc code 2175, Just wondering will it also take 4 month?

thank you.

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
No processing time is bit different in each province, its generally same from 4 to 6 months. No one can predict how long it can take. The interview was good with my employer. They asked questions about business and tries for hiring local people. Looks like they focus more on local Canadians for any job. The lady from services Canada then said to my employer that she will email the decision. I hope it will be positive by grace of Allah almighty. We can only do efforts and leave it upto God :)

Reactions: Sanjar718

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
No processing time is bit different in each province, its generally same from 4 to 6 months. No one can predict how long it can take. The interview was good with my employer. They asked questions about business and tries for hiring local people. Looks like they focus more on local Canadians for any job. The lady from services Canada then said to my employer that she will email the decision. I hope it will be positive by grace of Allah almighty. We can only do efforts and leave it upto God :)
Thank you, wish you all the best! Hope your case will be approved.

Reactions: yousufkh

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Thanks much, i wish yours too and for everyone on this forum. I'll update as soon as i get the results. So far its suspense :)

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Thanks much, i wish yours too and for everyone on this forum. I'll update as soon as i get the results. So far its suspense :)
Have you received any news so far? It has been two weeks since you received a call.

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Yes my employer received the email with following text:

"Sorry for the delay. I checked you job match profile and found you had one person who matched, however there was no invitation sent to that person.

In order to fulfill the recruitment requirement for the program it’s vital that every match is met with an invitation. As a result I regret to say I am unable to approve the file.

You are welcome to apply after 28 days of advertising, but you will need to post a brand new job bank ad and watch to send out invitations for anyone that matches 4 stars and above during the first 30 days of advertising on job bank.

I’m sorry this is not the news I would have liked to offer."

Looks like they are screening each application pretty closely, my employer used lawyer for this LMIA application, the services Canada guy is finding ways to refuse the application, well after this email our lawyer immediately replied and showed her proof that we invited all candidates with proofs and the one she is referring to seems like job bank website glitch. So far no reply from them and no refusal letter. The lawyer said they should change the decision as it looks like a glitch.

I hope for the best, else we'll apply again and another wait!!!!!

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
I got my LMIA approved on 30 of december :) and applied to WP online, still waiting till now .

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Great to know, my LMIA as approved on 4th of December and i have applied for WP on 20th Feb, going for biometric this week and waiting.

What is your application status ? When did you applied for WP? Where its being processed ?

Thanks