+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA processing time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Admin assistant, employer never applied before, EDSC just say they have a lot of applications, and yes, I am studying in Canada
Ok. All you can do is wait. Since you are studying in Canada then you will have the skills, education and language to to the job if LMIa is approved. Make sure your experience letters are ready along with ECA (if required, and language tests.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Admin assistant, employer never applied before, EDSC just say they have a lot of applications, and yes, I am studying in Canada
The fact that the job is not in an area where there is a skill shortage may also have a significant impact. How did you find this job? Is it located in a well populated area? Are you trying to leave your studies before completing them? That can make getting PR much more difficult. What if this employer no longer needs or can afford an admin assistant. The Canadian economy will likely face some very challenging years and we will likely see more layoffs which have already started.

math031996

Oct 30, 2023
The fact that the job is not in an area where there is a skill shortage may also have a significant impact. How did you find this job? Is it located in a well populated area? Are you trying to leave your studies before completing them? That can make getting PR much more difficult. What if this employer no longer needs or can afford an admin assistant. The Canadian economy will likely face some very challenging years and we will likely see more layoffs which have already started.
Thank you, but I am just looking to know more about the processing times for another people, since is everything delayed. After the approval, I'm well aware of the next steps I will take.

h1waiting23

Nov 6, 2023
Washington DC
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-09-2023
I have created this telegram group to track Work Permits applied in 2023, Please feel free to join if you are waiting for your Work Permit or have recently received on and would like to share your experience. https://t.me/+ANaLWDwcvHthODkx

Migueltravellover

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
I’ve used this platform before for another program and it really helped with the processing time estimation!

I don’t think this tracker has information about LMIA approval timelines but there’s quite a few work permit cases that are being tracked so maybe that can help anyone who’s waiting on their application approval to figure out how long their timeline might take: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-work-permits-tracker

Best of luck!

Gill deep

May 27, 2018
Hi, i got approval 10 days ago
Hello linda all my case is same like you ,pls advise me my employer applied in August my visa going to expire in January first week ,my employer paid fee on 12 December, can you tell me pls how many days it take after paying govt fee