+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Processing time for NOC 6211 British Columbia

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum however I find this forum extremely helpful as I have seen people sharing their knowledge, expertise and giving the right guidance which is required for the people like us who are waiting in a hope of making it through. I have an employer who has applied LMIA for NOC 6211 in British Columbia for me through an recognised immigration lawyer on 20th June, 2017 for Dual Intent showing a wage of $19 an hour. I would appreciate if someone can help me with the below mentioned queries I had :

1. How much time (days) does it take for an employer to get positive LMIA from ESDC for the NOC 6211 BC?
(Just FYI Employer and Lawyer previously have hired foreign employees from India on the same NOC 6211 without any Hassel)

2. Is $19 good to go for ESDC to give positive LMIA for NOC 6211 BC?

3. Post Positive LMIA how much time (days) does it take for Work Permit?

4. Is Proof of Funds required to show if we have valid job offer with an LMIA & Work Permit? If yes how much is required to show and for how many months?

5. Also wanted to know more in depth about Dual Intent? So if I get my Work Permit does that also mean I can straight away file for my PR once I arrive in Canada?

I know I have throwed too many questions at the same time but I would honestly appreciate the reply for it coz I don't feel like calling up my Employer and Lawyer every now and then with these doubts.

I just hope people who are waiting for Positive LMIA get it soon in this week itself.

Good Luck everyone and remember one thing "HOPE" is the little voice that whispers "YES" when the entire world is shouting no.

Thanks

Cheers!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your salary looks fine. You should expect processing times of somewhere between 2-4 months for the LMIA - although it is possible it could be done sooner. Processing time for the work permit will likely be around 3 months (but again, could be faster). Good luck.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Your salary looks fine. You should expect processing times of somewhere between 2-4 months for the LMIA - although it is possible it could be done sooner. Processing time for the work permit will likely be around 3 months (but again, could be faster). Good luck.
Thanks for the reply Scylla!!! Really appreciate it!!!

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi Scylla.....

There is some good news that I have....

My employer got a call from ESDC last week for an interview and it went really well.

The interviewer said everything seems ok unless his supervisor asks for something additional....

So my employer called me saying that I should preparing and get ready to fly soon as according to them we were expecting the letter by Monday this week. But havent heard from ESDC yet....

Can you please let me know how much does it take for ESDC post interview to send the result confirmation and what is the medium they send the confirmationn I mean like fax or email.

Your reply would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!

Sassyvernon

Jul 20, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum however I find this forum extremely helpful as I have seen people sharing their knowledge, expertise and giving the right guidance which is required for the people like us who are waiting in a hope of making it through. I have an employer who has applied LMIA for NOC 6211 in British Columbia for me through an recognised immigration lawyer on 20th June, 2017 for Dual Intent showing a wage of $19 an hour. I would appreciate if someone can help me with the below mentioned queries I had :

1. How much time (days) does it take for an employer to get positive LMIA from ESDC for the NOC 6211 BC?
(Just FYI Employer and Lawyer previously have hired foreign employees from India on the same NOC 6211 without any Hassel)

2. Is $19 good to go for ESDC to give positive LMIA for NOC 6211 BC?

3. Post Positive LMIA how much time (days) does it take for Work Permit?

4. Is Proof of Funds required to show if we have valid job offer with an LMIA & Work Permit? If yes how much is required to show and for how many months?

5. Also wanted to know more in depth about Dual Intent? So if I get my Work Permit does that also mean I can straight away file for my PR once I arrive in Canada?

I know I have throwed too many questions at the same time but I would honestly appreciate the reply for it coz I don't feel like calling up my Employer and Lawyer every now and then with these doubts.

I just hope people who are waiting for Positive LMIA get it soon in this week itself.

Good Luck everyone and remember one thing "HOPE" is the little voice that whispers "YES" when the entire world is shouting no.

Thanks

Cheers!!!
How did it go