+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA processig time ONTARIO??

Skmum

May 8, 2014
What is this New Thing

Hello All friends ...

Again my consultant has been informed by Service Canada that they have agreed for Conditional Work Permit :'(
This is Conditional Work Permit for PR. This Work Permit is valid for 1 year only :-[ , and I will have to apply for PR as soon as I start the Job.

Friends Plz respond !!! :eek: This is completely out of Box for me, any info anybody has about it, as their is no info about this on internet ???

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Skmum said:
Hello All friends ...

Again my consultant has been informed by Service Canada that they have agreed for Conditional Work Permit :'(
This is Conditional Work Permit for PR. This Work Permit is valid for 1 year only :-[ , and I will have to apply for PR as soon as I start the Job.

Friends Plz respond !!! :eek: This is completely out of Box for me, any info anybody has about it, as their is no info about this on internet ???
That's something new to me. Only CIC can issue work permits as far as I know so I don't know whats going on here. You should ask your consultant for further details.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
johnny123 said:
Seems like you really have bad luck. Like somebody cursed you lol. Hope everything will be fine!
Lol thanks Johnny. That makes me feel so much better

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Re: What is this New Thing

Skmum said:
Hello All friends ...

I have never heard of that neither... sorry that I can't help you.. I also think you should talk to your consultant.
But at least you got LMIA and can apply for WP right?

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
minimee said:
Oh no... I'm sorry this is happening to you...
That's unproffessional and just unbelievable...

Hey Minimee. Check your inbox please

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Bad news guys!! Got rejected. Noc 5241, Ontario. Reasons,

1 insufficient effort to hire Canadians
2 Wage is higher than an average canadian

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
minimee said:
I'm so sorry to hear that prashanthbv...
Are you going to apply again? Hope you will find the way...
Yes my boss is going to apply again. Keeping express entry in mind. So putting the ad this week and gonna apply in Jan so that we can have a clear picture on express entry. Glad my boss has been very patient and helpful. Trying my best to be motivated than getting devastated.

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Sorry, I deleted the previous post by mistake...

I'm glad you have the right employer to support you! and I like your pisitive thinking!
Still no news on ours, Hope we hear something this week otherwise (at least) 2 weeks of waiting is coming up!(I heard SC will close their office :eek: )

Skmum

May 8, 2014
prashanthbv said:
Yes my boss is going to apply again. Keeping express entry in mind. So putting the ad this week and gonna apply in Jan so that we can have a clear picture on express entry. Glad my boss has been very patient and helpful. Trying my best to be motivated than getting devastated.
O ... This is really a bad News, may be not because of your rejection as you can immediately opt Plan B, but because of being kept dangling for ages and letting you know your faith.

Anyways, Its Good that your employer and you both have the spirit to gain the ground again...

Cheers & Best of Luck !!!

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Skmum said:
O ... This is really a bad News, may be not because of your rejection as you can immediately opt Plan B, but because of being kept dangling for ages and letting you know your faith.

Anyways, Its Good that your employer and you both have the spirit to gain the ground again...

Cheers & Best of Luck !!!
That is true , the wait was really painful. But as the delay was extending i was getting prepared for the worst. Yes, now we have two options

1) Apply lmia again
2) Wait for the express entry in which the occupation list is being removed in FSW. In my case, my occupation is skilled and also have 8 years exp and have an employer who is ready to offer me a job .So hopes still alive

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
prashanthbv said:
That is true , the wait was really painful. But as the delay was extending i was getting prepared for the worst. Yes, now we have two options

1) Apply lmia again
2) Wait for the express entry in which the occupation list is being removed in FSW. In my case, my occupation is skilled and also have 8 years exp and have an employer who is ready to offer me a job .So hopes still alive
Don't want to be a carrier of bad news but how EE works is a little bit more complex. In order for your employer to hire and sponsor you, he needs to get LMIA first. Then he makes you a written job offer. Both together creates what they call VALID job offer. Without LMIA just a job offer on a piece of paper is not enough anymore...

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
one little update from my husband, not so positive though...

Company called SC today and talked to the manager of the case officer, s/he said that company didn't employ the person who has the language skill which is in the advertisment.... Which is not true!! Company HR said none of the applicants coudn't speak the language!! We don't know what SC want more.
It feels like they are just trying to find the each little things to poke in to give a rejection! That is not fair.
We provide everything what they need, and they are the one who couldn't find the job ads in job bank, and have a crapy fax which is not printing the paper porper, and more, they can't even fix the online system!
I really think THEY need some skilled people to find THEIR problem!!!

Sorry, I needed to expose myself otherwise I go totally mad.
Have a good night and let's hope we hear some news (good one!) tomorrow.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
johnny123 said:
Don't want to be a carrier of bad news but how EE works is a little bit more complex. In order for your employer to hire and sponsor you, he needs to get LMIA first. Then he makes you a written job offer. Both together creates what they call VALID job offer. Without LMIA just a job offer on a piece of paper is not enough anymore...
Oh yes Johnny i am aware of that. What i meant to say was we are gonna post the ad and apply lmia again and also lookout for options to apply fsw which actually does not need a job offer to qualify even as per the current rules. FSW is based on experience in a skilled occupation

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
Guys, good news finally coming through in Ontario...my LMIA has been approved today!!! :)

LMIA first applied for on Aug 22nd (Ontario)
After a few rejections for incomplete paperwork, Oct 7th we got the file number and the application fee was charged
Approved today Dec 19th

Good luck to you all waiting!

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
minimee said:
one little update from my husband, not so positive though...

Company called SC today and talked to the manager of the case officer, s/he said that company didn't employ the person who has the language skill which is in the advertisment.... Which is not true!! Company HR said none of the applicants coudn't speak the language!! We don't know what SC want more.
It feels like they are just trying to find the each little things to poke in to give a rejection! That is not fair.
We provide everything what they need, and they are the one who couldn't find the job ads in job bank, and have a crapy fax which is not printing the paper porper, and more, they can't even fix the online system!
I really think THEY need some skilled people to find THEIR problem!!!

Sorry, I needed to expose myself otherwise I go totally mad.
Have a good night and let's hope we hear some news (good one!) tomorrow.

Thats so silly. They have been awful
The canadian govt should seriously consider a new NOC under very highly skilled worker category called LMIA processor