+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Only to Support PR Application

Mak111

Feb 15, 2018
I don’t think many employers would go through this process just out of good will...

LMIAs are meant for positions where there is an actual labour shortage. If you’re easily replaceable, even if your employer goes through the process, the odds of getting a rejection are pretty high.

Each case is different, the only “advice” I can give you would be to try to be seen as a valuable asset to the company. I would also expect it to be easier to convince your employer if the company you work at is small or medium sized...[/QU
I don’t think many employers would go through this process just out of good will...

LMIAs are meant for positions where there is an actual labour shortage. If you’re easily replaceable, even if your employer goes through the process, the odds of getting a rejection are pretty high.

Each case is different, the only “advice” I can give you would be to try to be seen as a valuable asset to the company. I would also expect it to be easier to convince your employer if the company you work at is small or medium sized...
hi, are you able to provide some insight about the procedure, as i really need to apply for this.

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
finally found a thread that applies to me. My company is trying to convince the officer that I was the first one to interview and there is no need to hire other Canadians since I am super - qualified. I wonder if there any any chances that works.

Reactions: C_vitamin

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
finally found a thread that applies to me. My company is trying to convince the officer that I was the first one to interview and there is no need to hire other Canadians since I am super - qualified. I wonder if there any any chances that works.
You should assume this will not work. They will want to see evidence of what other candidates were considered. Not sure how your company will prove that other candidates were considered if you were the only one interviewed. But they can certain try.

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
You should assume this will not work. They will want to see evidence of what other candidates were considered. Not sure how your company will prove that other candidates were considered if you were the only one interviewed. But they can certain try.
That's sad to hear. Please correct my logical thinking here if it's wrong.

So LMIA is to show that no other Canandian/PR are willing or able to do the jobs. That is understandable and if a company is having that problem, they would go for the below or higher than median wage stream (rather than the single intent LMIA).

But why would they separate the streams into single/dual intent and lower/higher wage if they have the same purposes, right?

Section 8 in any LMIA streams give us the option to say why the employer has not attempted to recruit Canadians/permanent residents. That's where my employer will write a reason why they didnt consider other Canadians/PR. If the officer is automatically rejecting the application the moment he saw that no advertisements were done then why would that option even be there?

Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself this will work since this is my last options. I will get 484 if I got approved. If I don't, I'm screwed.

Reactions: C_vitamin

delixo

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2023
Doc's Request.
June 13th 2023
AOR Received.
April 6 2023
Med's Done....
May 9th 2023

So LMIA is to show that no other Canandian/PR are willing or able to do the jobs. That is understandable and if a company is having that problem, they would go for the below or higher than median wage stream (rather than the single intent LMIA).

But why would they separate the streams into single/dual intent and lower/higher wage if they have the same purposes, right?

Section 8 in any LMIA streams give us the option to say why the employer has not attempted to recruit Canadians/permanent residents. That's where my employer will write a reason why they didnt consider other Canadians/PR. If the officer is automatically rejecting the application the moment he saw that no advertisements were done then why would that option even be there?

Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself this will work since this is my last options. I will get 484 if I got approved. If I don't, I'm screwed.
Did this work out for you?

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020

Hi,

I also don't understand why employer needs to make advertisement for the position for single intent(to support only for PR), but this is what it is. I will go through this process soon. Trying to collect all necessary documents from my employer. I have PGWP and I only need single intent. Did you convinced the officer and got your LMIA? Please inform us. I need to ask couple question. I am on the same boat as you.

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I got it.
My employer applied and took around 2-3 months for approval.

The process is exactly like the normal LMIA application, the employer needs to post the job in various different places and explain why he cannot find a Canadian for your position. It's a pain in the ass, but can be done.
Hi Gabriel,
I will apply single intent soon. My consultant is collecting document from the employer. I have open work permit and currently in Canada and working for a different company. My consultant said that you don't need to switch to close work permit as you already have open work permit. He also said the most important point is here you need to work for that company minimum for 1 year after you get your PR. I am planning to start working for that company after PR. Do you think is okay?

Sarishty17

Star Member
Apr 12, 2022
Hi Gabriel,
I will apply single intent soon. My consultant is collecting document from the employer. I have open work permit and currently in Canada and working for a different company. My consultant said that you don't need to switch to close work permit as you already have open work permit. He also said the most important point is here you need to work for that company minimum for 1 year after you get your PR. I am planning to start working for that company after PR. Do you think is okay?
Any Update?