+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA One year experience for EE profile?

Prashant_ved

Jul 12, 2018
Hello Experts,

I have a valid job offer and working for a employer since past 3 months. My Employer filed my WP without LMIA (at least while filling up the form I did not entered it but Employer may have). Son in order to claim the job offer points.

1) Do I need to work in Canada for a year in order to get the job points? or I can directly fill out the form and submit it via EE right a way?
2) Do I need to provide the LMIA number?

Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello Experts,

I have a valid job offer and working for a employer since past 3 months. My Employer filed my WP without LMIA (at least while filling up the form I did not entered it but Employer may have). Son in order to claim the job offer points.

1) Do I need to work in Canada for a year in order to get the job points? or I can directly fill out the form and submit it via EE right a way?
2) Do I need to provide the LMIA number?

Thanks
Are you on a Intra Company Transfer (closed) WP or an Open Work Permit ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Just checked.. yes it says .. Intra-Country Transferee - Specialized Knowledge
Ok, So the ICT WP are LMIA exempted.... In this case you need:
  1. Complete 1 year working in Canada on your current work permit to be eligible for points on Canadian Experience
  2. Complete 1 year working in Canada to be eligible for 50 points on valid job offer... For this your employer needs to provide you Letter of Reference which along with other things such (Designation, Start Date, Job responsibilities, Salary, number of hours/week) should include a statement that your job is valid for 1 year after you are issued a PR...