+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA new rules

luckyqamar

Sep 21, 2016
Hi All,

I am sure most of you know about the recent changed LMIA rules.

It says,

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will not be needed for certain job offers. Many people in Canada with an LMIA exempt work permit will be able to carry that LMIA exemption under Express Entry if they meet certain conditions. This will allow more candidates to receive CRS points for their job offer and meet the program requirements of the federal skilled worker class and the federal skilled trades class.
Examples
North America Free Trade Agreement
federal-provincial agreements
Mobilité Francophone
intra-company transferees, as long as they meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer

I have 2 years of experience with a company in UK a few years ago, the company has a branch in Canada as well and willing to hire me, but cant process LMIA.

Just wondering if I can benefit from the rule change?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have all these requirements then yes, you can benefit from it:

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp