+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA - New Employer

grins.ray

Jul 16, 2019
Hi people,

I am on a closed work permit with LMIA from an employer. Unfortunately, I had to quit the job due to some personal reasons. Right now, If i find another employer who can provide me with a new LMIA, I can apply for a work permit and so on.

My question is what are the conditions during the time period while waiting to get an new LMIA and an work permit
- Can I legally stay within Canada?
- Can I work for the new employer until I get an decision about my LMIA (under implied status)?
- Are there any other specific conditions I need to be aware of?

Kindly help.
Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi people,

I am on a closed work permit with LMIA from an employer. Unfortunately, I had to quit the job due to some personal reasons. Right now, If i find another employer who can provide me with a new LMIA, I can apply for a work permit and so on.

My question is what are the conditions during the time period while waiting to get an new LMIA and an work permit
- Can I legally stay within Canada?
- Can I work for the new employer until I get an decision about my LMIA (under implied status)?
- Are there any other specific conditions I need to be aware of?

Kindly help.
Thanks in advance.
1. You can remain in Canada to the end date of your current work permit.
2. No, you can't start the new job until you have a new work permit. There is no implied status.
3. Not really, just you can't work until you receive a new work permit.

grins.ray

Jul 16, 2019
Hi

1. You can remain in Canada to the end date of your current work permit.
2. No, you can't start the new job until you have a new work permit. There is no implied status.
3. Not really, just you can't work until you receive a new work permit.
Thank you!