+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA/Job offer start date

jafarm

Nov 30, 2022
Hi,

Employer is offering me an indeterminate job and will request an LMIA to support my FSW application.

Only problem is the job offer start date.

To allow time for PR processing, can we mention:

A) the start date is 1-2 years from now
OR
B) "as soon as the employee's PR application is processed"?
OR
C) Not provide a specific start date

Appreciate nay comments :)

Reactions: C_vitamin

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi,

Employer is offering me an indeterminate job and will request an LMIA to support my FSW application.

Only problem is the job offer start date.

To allow time for PR processing, can we mention:

A) the start date is 1-2 years from now
OR
B) "as soon as the employee's PR application is processed"?
OR
C) Not provide a specific start date

Appreciate nay comments :)
Hello,

Congrats to find an employer:) I think you should definitely mention about a start date. I am in the same boat as you. We will say as soon as the employee's PR application is processed.

jafarm

Nov 30, 2022
Hello,

Congrats to find an employer:) I think you should definitely mention about a start date. I am in the same boat as you. We will say as soon as the employee's PR application is processed.

And saying "as soon as employee's PR application is processed has no conflicts with BC PNP or EE FSW? Also, shouldn't there be a specific start date somewhere in the applications? If so, what should we put for that

Reactions: C_vitamin

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020

And saying "as soon as employee's PR application is processed has no conflicts with BC PNP or EE FSW? Also, shouldn't there be a specific start date somewhere in the applications? If so, what should we put for that
It shouldn’t be a conflict for fsw but I am not sure for pnp. Please make sure about that. For the start date, As I far as I know when applying for lmia there is a question about start date.

Reactions: jafarm