+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Job Ad Requirement

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Hi all,

I found below requirement about LMIA job advertisement which I was a little confused about:

The advertisement must be posted for a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks starting from the first day the ad appears and is accessible to the general public;
The advertisement must be posted during the 3 months prior to the employer applying for an LMIA.

Does this mean the employer has to wait at minimum 3 months before submitting the application?
I mean, as far as I know the employer could submit the application after 4 weeks of the job ad posted.

Is this a new requirement?

Please help if anyone knows...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ee2015 said:
Hi all,

I found below requirement about LMIA job advertisement which I was a little confused about:

The advertisement must be posted for a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks starting from the first day the ad appears and is accessible to the general public;
The advertisement must be posted during the 3 months prior to the employer applying for an LMIA.

Does this mean the employer has to wait at minimum 3 months before submitting the application?
I mean, as far as I know the employer could submit the application after 4 weeks of the job ad posted.

Is this a new requirement?

Please help if anyone knows...
No, it means that the job ad had to be up for more than 4 weeks but the employer only has 3 months after that to apply for the lmia.