+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Interview delay

Jay Parekh

Feb 17, 2020
Hello everyone.
Recently my brother applied for a LMIA job through a consultant in Alberta. His job NOC is 1311 Bookkeeper. The consultant said they applied LMIA on 29 Jun 2022 (we have a receipt for fees payment). Now its been almost 5-6 months and we are still waiting for an interview call to happen. On job bank canada the posting is on since march 2022. Now my concern is if there is an actual delay for interviews in LMIA or our consultant is hiding something from us ?

What best we can do in this situation.

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone.
Recently my brother applied for a LMIA job through a consultant in Alberta. His job NOC is 1311 Bookkeeper. The consultant said they applied LMIA on 29 Jun 2022 (we have a receipt for fees payment). Now its been almost 5-6 months and we are still waiting for an interview call to happen. On job bank canada the posting is on since march 2022. Now my concern is if there is an actual delay for interviews in LMIA or our consultant is hiding something from us ?

Thank you.
When you say the consultant applied for LMIA, you mean the employer? The employer files for the LMIA. LMIA processing is on the IRCC website and should not take that long. How much did the consultant pay? Have you paid consultant any money?

Jay Parekh

Feb 17, 2020
When you say the consultant applied for LMIA, you mean the employer? The employer files for the LMIA. LMIA processing is on the IRCC website and should not take that long. How much did the consultant pay? Have you paid consultant any money?
Yes An employer applied LMIA and we have paid consultant the money but not the full amount.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The consultant helped us founding the LMIA offer and applied an express entry profile
But you don’t have a LMIA. What does EE profile have to do with LMIA and closed work permit? So you just wanted the 50 points? Have you ever met or talked with the employer?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone.

Thank you.
How did you found this consultant? Which interview are you talking about?

luis.nv278

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
MY employer submitted it on July 04 but still no response too. I know a few people applied same time but they didn't get the result. This time a lot of applications got delayed. We can not do anything except wait. So sad. Keep posting if you get the result.