+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA, In Canada

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
My employer has agreed to file PR supporting LMIA for me. I will complete one year with them in July 2024. My PGWP will expire August 2024. As my current CRS score is 460 only, I need those extra 50 points for getting PR. I have some doubts regarding the procedure for filing LMIA

Can the employer advertise for the same position/vacancy, when I am already working with them
I have to create my profile for PR in July 2024. When the process should be started.
Whether the services of an agent are needed, as the employer has never done this before

Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My employer has agreed to file PR supporting LMIA for me. I will complete one year with them in July 2024. My PGWP will expire August 2024. As my current CRS score is 460 only, I need those extra 50 points for getting PR. I have some doubts regarding the procedure for filing LMIA

Can the employer advertise for the same position/vacancy, when I am already working with them
I have to create my profile for PR in July 2024. When the process should be started.
Whether the services of an agent are needed, as the employer has never done this before

Please advise.
- Yes, the employer can advertise the position when you are already working with them.
- Your employer should start the process right now since LMIA processing can take a number of months and they have to advertise the job for a month first.
- This is your employer's choice.

Reactions: NewDelhi

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Would suggest that your employer read through the LMIA requirements for supporting your PR application and make sure hiring/recruitment processes are followed, the NOC meets salary requirements and that the employer is eligible. By going this route and not paying the $1k, you will not be elgible to apply for a closed work permit. So if PGWP expires and you don’t have ITA, you need to stop working.

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
Would suggest that your employer read through the LMIA requirements for supporting your PR application and make sure hiring/recruitment processes are followed, the NOC meets salary requirements and that the employer is eligible. By going this route and not paying the $1k, you will not be elgible to apply for a closed work permit. So if PGWP expires and you don’t have ITA, you need to stop working.
Thanks !!!
My position is that I did one year certification course and got one year PGWP (upto Aug 24). I intend to file for PR after completing one year work experience (in July 24). There will be a waiting period of 1.5.
My employer is not aware of LMIA process. I will have to see everything like advertisements, hiring process and fulfilling the requirements etc. It was my suggestion that he files a PR supportive LIMA. There is no problem in paying $1k.
Please guide me about the way of getting closed work permit. My present PGWP is valid upto 20.08.2024 and as I understand that the work permit is given once. It can only be extended through BOWP, after you get ITA and submit the complete PR application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks !!!
My position is that I did one year certification course and got one year PGWP (upto Aug 24). I intend to file for PR after completing one year work experience (in July 24). There will be a waiting period of 1.5.
My employer is not aware of LMIA process. I will have to see everything like advertisements, hiring process and fulfilling the requirements etc. It was my suggestion that he files a PR supportive LIMA. There is no problem in paying $1k.
Please guide me about the way of getting closed work permit. My present PGWP is valid upto 20.08.2024 and as I understand that the work permit is given once. It can only be extended through BOWP, after you get ITA and submit the complete PR application.
Read through the LMIA process on the IRCC website. You cannot apply for a closed work permit until you have an approved LMIA. BOWP is not an option until you have AOR after submitting PR application. Not sure you are eligible for BOWP if employer not paying $1k.

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
My employer will start the process for PR supporting LMIA for me in January 2024. I am working as a Market Researcher NOC code 41402 for last six months, As per Job Bank - Labour Market Information - Wages in Toronto Region, average wage for this code are $22.00 (L) 42.05(M) and 72.12(H). This is my first job and I am getting $27/hour. Will this affect my application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My employer will start the process for PR supporting LMIA for me in January 2024. I am working as a Market Researcher NOC code 41402 for last six months, As per Job Bank - Labour Market Information - Wages in Toronto Region, average wage for this code are $22.00 (L) 42.05(M) and 72.12(H). This is my first job and I am getting $27/hour. Will this affect my application.
Yes it may. You need to meet the median wage for the LMIA.