+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA - GLOBAL TALENT STREAM PROCESSING DELAY

arvind.david

Jan 17, 2019
Hello All,

I need some assistance regarding a work permit application submitted under the global talent stream.

I am currently residing in India and I received a job offer from a company in Oakville, Ontario. The company got their LMIA approved (NOC 0213 - Software Development Manager) and on Nov 29th 2018 their law firm Long and Manjali applied for the work permit under the global talent stream.

The work permit update has still not come and the lawyers have informed me and my future employers that this delay is certainly unusual and that we should have had a decision on this application weeks ago. They've sent a further follow-up request and are waiting on an update.

My questions are as follows:

1. Are anybody else facing this type of delays after applying under the global talent stream which promises that the update would come in 2 weeks?
2. Is the delay caused due to the application being submitted during the holiday season in Canada?
3. I understand that once the WP update comes, I would have to send my passport to my local embassy and then they would stamp a visa on it and I would travel to a port of entry and get my work permit there, is my assumption correct?
4. When we asked the lawyers if there was a portal wherein we could check the application status, their reply was the following "Unfortunately IRCC isn’t that sophisticated - there’s isn’t a method for us to provide you access to check on the status of your application." They have shared a pdf file with me that shows that the application was submitted online along with an application number. Is what they have told me correct?

The delay is getting very bugging, so please any assistance or information is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arvind

noobnoob44

Jan 19, 2019
Answers
1) The global talent stream target is 2 weeks , but it is not respected so far. I applied in same category as yours and it took almost 7 weeks before I received request for passport submission.
2) Not sure but I think its delayed because 2 weeks timeline isn't respected so far.
3) Sounds correct.
4) if they submitted online , they should be able to check status. Ask them raise query with consular regarding your application.

arvind.david

Jan 17, 2019
Thank you! I got my call for the passport on the 18th of Jan 2019.

I submitted the passport at my local VFS office in Chennai, India.

I wasn't asked for bio metrics, so just submitted the passport. They have told me i can expect my passport to be couriered to my house in 7 business days.

Will update once i receive my passport back.

arvind.david

Jan 17, 2019
I was informed that since I am from India and had applied before Dec 31 2018 i will not need to submit bio metrics. So hoping to receive the stamped passport within the next few days.

ManuGaur

May 17, 2018
I was informed that since I am from India and had applied before Dec 31 2018 i will not need to submit bio metrics. So hoping to receive the stamped passport within the next few days.
Hi Arvind,
Congrats !

Just wanted to check the work permit process you followed.
Would it be possible to apply for work permit in Canada though you are staying in India ?
if yes, any points you would like to share ?
Thanks!

arvind.david

Jan 17, 2019
Hi Arvind,
Congrats !

Just wanted to check the work permit process you followed.
Would it be possible to apply for work permit in Canada though you are staying in India ?
if yes, any points you would like to share ?
Thanks!
Hi Manu, I did apply for the work permit from India, but I had a job offer from a company here in Oakville. The entire process was handled by the law firm Long and Manjali LLP which was associated with my firm. They first got the LMIA approved for my job profile and then they processed the work permit for me. They are also handling my PR process now.

Reactions: mikee2076

wasifashrafi

Oct 27, 2016
Hi Arvind,

I need your help in getting information about applying PR on 1 year GTS Work permit. Thanks in anticipation.

karthik1011

Jul 19, 2020
Hi Arvind,

My employer applied GTS LMIA (1 month before ) but still, they are getting any update from Immigration.

Could you share your experience

1 - how much date Immigration took to process company LMIA application.