+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA from non-profit Daycare centre

Katvan

Jul 28, 2017
Hello,

I'm a daycare teacher who is thinking to apply immigration through the express entry. Because my points are not enough to apply, so I'm thinking to ask my work place to get LMIA for me.
I'm working at Non-profit daycare centre, so I'm wondering if they are able to apply LMIA for me or not.
If it doesnt work, I need to find a new place to work. Please tell me if anyone knows about this.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: Pgill2609

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I'm a daycare teacher who is thinking to apply immigration through the express entry. Because my points are not enough to apply, so I'm thinking to ask my work place to get LMIA for me.
I'm working at Non-profit daycare centre, so I'm wondering if they are able to apply LMIA for me or not.
If it doesnt work, I need to find a new place to work. Please tell me if anyone knows about this.

Thank you very much.
Sure they can apply. Whether they are willing to apply and whether they can justify the expense ($1000) of applying for LMIA will be up to them.

Katvan

Jul 28, 2017
Sure they can apply. Whether they are willing to apply and whether they can justify the expense ($1000) of applying for LMIA will be up to them.
Thank you very much for replying to my question.
Because of the expense, it might be difficult. I'll ask them:)

Thank you again!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for replying to my question.
Because of the expense, it might be difficult. I'll ask them:)

Thank you again!
Note that they need to be paying you at least the median wage for your NOC in your province/city for the LMIA to be approved. I would look into this as well since it won't be worth applying if your wage doesn't meet these requirements.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,

Thank you very much.
Bear in mind that the whole point of the LMIA process is to demonstrate that it is not possible to find a Canadian to fill that job role. Is this realistic, given the job description / requirements? Given the surplus of teachers in Canada, this seems unlikely.

Reactions: Katvan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Bear in mind that the whole point of the LMIA process is to demonstrate that it is not possible to find a Canadian to fill that job role. Is this realistic, given the job description / requirements? Given the surplus of teachers in Canada, this seems unlikely.
Actually daycare teachers or early childhood educators are tough to find because they aren’t paid very well.

Reactions: Katvan

Karishma101

Aug 17, 2019
Hi i wanna apply through the live in caregiver programs for child care the program as changed can I get a ECA report for Early childhood education certificate would those agencies in Canada evaluate it ? I need help please reply it’s very important for me to know

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,

Thank you very much.
Hi I was wondering if you applied for your lmia I work for a non profit aswell just wanted an update thank you

Reactions: Aysherman

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,

Thank you very much.

Hi did apply for a lmia did you get a excemption ?