+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia from England documents etc

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMIA question here.. I have a friend in the uk who my company has an lmia in his name, "must apply to cic before April 5".. he seems to think he has to apply for work permit from outside Canada and has a checklist.. but when me and others got our lmia we just showed up at a POE and got our permits there.. my lmia was in 2013 so things might have changed but our boss is convinced you fly in and get it at the landing point.. I think apply to cic before April 5 means land in Canada by then.. am I right? Any input is greatly appreciated...Cheers..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yepyep said:
LMIA question here.. I have a friend in the uk who my company has an lmia in his name, "must apply to cic before April 5".. he seems to think he has to apply for work permit from outside Canada and has a checklist.. but when me and others got our lmia we just showed up at a POE and got our permits there.. my lmia was in 2013 so things might have changed but our boss is convinced you fly in and get it at the landing point.. I think apply to cic before April 5 means land in Canada by then.. am I right? Any input is greatly appreciated...Cheers..
1. Unless he requires a medical or TRV, all he has to do is apply for an ETA and get his work permit at the airport/border.