+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA fraud

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolhyd said:
Canada needs people from all backgrounds. I know lot of technically high skilled immigrants flipping burgers.

Be respectful of everyone. Canadians doesn't care if you are a CEO or Janitor. Everyone gets same respect here.
Not really, they need people based on the needs of the economy. If Canadian government treat everyone the same then there will be no point-based system whereas you get more points if you are younger and have higher degrees. There are absolutely no practical reasons to let thousands of low-skilled workers in Canada working minimum wage and live off welfare.

If someone is a highly skilled worker in their country and still flips burgers for a living after a number of years in Canada then by all mean (s)he needs to take a look at themselves.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Alexios07 said:
Not really, they need people based on the needs of the economy. If Canadian government treat everyone the same then there will be no point-based system whereas you get more points if you are younger and have higher degrees. There are absolutely no practical reasons to let thousands of low-skilled workers in Canada working minimum wage and live off welfare.

If someone is a highly skilled worker in their country and still flips burgers for a living after a number of years in Canada then by all mean (s)he needs to take a look at themselves.
I made two points in my earlier post.

1. Canada needs high skilled as well as low skilled workers.

2. We need to respect everyone irrespective of what they do. I didn't like the way you called low skilled workers Burger Flippers.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolhyd said:
I made two points in my earlier post.

1. Canada needs high skilled as well as low skilled workers.

2. We need to respect everyone irrespective of what they do. I didn't like the way you called low skilled workers Burger Flippers.

1. Right now Canada needs more high skilled than low skilled.

2. Low skilled workers should not use LMIA fraud to become PR while legitimate high skilled workers cannot get an ITA.

I respect everyone who work hard to achieve their goals. My grandpa worked extremely hard as a farmer to get my father and his brothers through university. However, I despise lazy people who have every opportunity to get advance in life but instead using tricks and fraud to get ahead. It's frustrated to see many software devs or sysadmins cannot get a single ITA while cashiers or line cooks get LMIAs left and right.

It's perfectly ok for you to work in a low skilled position while getting your degree or cert to advance to a better position, but if you keep working that dead end job for 10 years, then sorry, I have no respect for you. A freaking touch screen can replace your job tomorrow.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Alexios07 said:

2. Low skilled workers should not use LMIA fraud to become PR while legitimate high skilled workers cannot get an ITA.

I respect everyone who work hard to achieve their goals. My grandpa worked extremely hard as a farmer to get my father and his brothers through university. However, I despise lazy people who have every opportunity to get advance in life but instead using tricks and fraud to get ahead. It's frustrated to see many software devs or sysadmins cannot get a single ITA while cashiers or line cooks get LMIAs left and right.

It's perfectly ok for you to work in a low skilled position while getting your degree or cert to advance to a better position, but if you keep working that dead end job for 10 years, then sorry, I have no respect for you. A freaking touch screen can replace your job tomorrow.
Firstly, not everyone is doing LMIA fraud. Do you have any stats on that?

Secondly, I have a master's from a top 3rd university in Canada. Worked in a Big four Audit firm for 3 years. Currently working in a big software company. So take it easy.

Thirdly, I can also say that you don't have enough qualifications to get an ITA. Improve your credentials rather than showing your frustration on this forum.

And I know tons of software guys who got ITA and PR. So look at yourself and see what's missing.

Reactions: Richa kohli

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Alexios07 said:

Respect humanity and keep in mind that not everyone has the opportunity to succeed. People have mental and physical limitations. God bless, I hope you get an ITA soon.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolhyd said:
Firstly, not everyone is doing LMIA fraud. Do you have any stats on that?
We are in a LMIA fraud thread.

coolhyd said:
Secondly, I have a master's from a top 3rd university in Canada. Worked in a Big four Audit firm for 3 years. Currently working in a big software company. So take it easy.

Thirdly, I can also say that you don't have enough qualifications to get an ITA. Improve your credentials rather than showing your frustration on this forum.

And I know tons of software guys who got ITA and PR. So look at yourself and see what's missing.
What I am missing are work experience and a master degree. Maybe being young is a root cause to that.

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
Re: LMIA for $35000

This seems to be a big scam. Just stay out of it. No organization has the right to ask for money for providing LMIA and that too this huge amount.
Could it be reported to the ircc with their names so that these things can be stopped? My friends have also faced multiple agencies where the ask was around 25-40K for lmia, pr offer etc.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I would personally be ok paying 35K for LMIA as a software engineer if it can get me a PR. SE earn mid 6 figures in canada so it's worth it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Could it be reported to the ircc with their names so that these things can be stopped? My friends have also faced multiple agencies where the ask was around 25-40K for lmia, pr offer etc.
Yes you can report the agencies and businesses. There have thankfully been some recent charges although this is only a small fraction of likely abuses of the system.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rupinder-navdeep-batth-licences-suspended-1.5900346