+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA FOR EXPRESS ENTRY

Herlebustos02

May 16, 2018
Good day,
I have this situation that my employer applied for my LMIA only for express entry but told her if she can request for a work permit also, so she called the officer and ask if they can do so, she said is hopeful as the officer didn’t say no to them and they will get back to my employee, will it possible for them to grant the request of my employer? Thanks you so much

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
As per my understanding, LMIA is based on your work and to process LMIA applications, lot of other factors too considered.

If you get a positive LMIA, you can either apply along with your PR application which will boost your CRS score nor you can apply for a work permit if you dont wish to continue for a long term.

If you have a good CRS and get ITA through express entry, no need to apply for work permit if you get a PR.

Herlebustos02

May 16, 2018
As per my understanding, LMIA is based on your work and to process LMIA applications, lot of other factors too considered.

If you get a positive LMIA, you can either apply along with your PR application which will boost your CRS score nor you can apply for a work permit if you dont wish to continue for a long term.
###That’s what I know also but in the LMIA it is stated that is only for permanent residence application, that’s why my question is can I apply for work permit though it is said there that it is for pr application only? Actually my employer requested already if i can also apply for work permit it means she wants it to be converted into dual ( work permit and express entry) now is it possible that the officer can consider it?

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I am sorry that I dont have idea about the LMIA forms. If you get a good CRS by adding your LMIA application, you can go ahead with express entry which will put you in PR process.

cajetan247

Feb 9, 2018

If you have a good CRS and get ITA through express entry, no need to apply for work permit if you get a PR.
Please,I want you to help me put me through o