+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA for EE Candidates

vntmanu

Jan 4, 2015
Hello Everyone, First of all wishing everyone a Happy and a Prosperous new year ahead.

I have submitted my EE profile under 2171 and got an overall score of 373. ::)

When I was reading the Express entry briefings from CIC website I found out that

"If required, employers may need to get an LMIA from Employment and Social Development Canada.
There is no fee for permanent residence LMIAs."

Does this mean that employers will try to reach out to more EE candidates as there would be no LMIA processing fees involved.

Also, Can you please let me know my chances in the first draw and also any tips would be greatly appreciated

Poonam.tandon

Mar 24, 2016
I am sailing on the same boat with you.
I have 372 score...
I have 2 years work experience in India

I don't know when I will receive any invitation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Poonam.tandon said:
I have 372 score...

You aren't going to receive your invitation unless you can increase your score significantly. You should look into the provincial nominee programs instead.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Poonam.tandon said:
I have 372 score...

Currently, direct ITAs are sent for scores 470 and above. And based on the recent trend it does not look like direct ITA scores will come down below 460 anytime soon. In this regard, the only options left for you to get ITA are:
1. PNP (if you get nominated by a province you will get 600 points added to your existing score which will make it 972 thereby making you eligible to receive an ITA)
2. LMIA backed job offer from Canadian employer (in this case also you will get 600 points added to your existing score which will make it 972 thereby making you eligible to receive an ITA)

With regard to the question of getting a job offer, as far as I know and heard is that companies generally do not entertain interviews for overseas candidates as they are not sure about when you would be landing in Canada. So the closest you can get to get an interview call is once you have landed in Canada. You can be only sure of getting a job offer only if your skills and experience is niche and Canadian employers are not able to meet their requirement locally. So, I would suggest you target PNP, check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp.

Talitha Koum

Mar 16, 2016
Try to improvise your score- spousal addition adding his/her employment experience, IELTS score and also education will give you further points.
Else try giving your IELTS again with more emphasis on Listening and Speaking, you need to score minimum 7.5-8

Poonam.tandon said:
I have 372 score...