+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA for Canadian Experience Class under Express Entry.

vicksandhu

Aug 11, 2012
Hi Folks,

I am under PGWP holder in Canada. I am doing Noc B category job under title of telecommunication technician from last 6 months. As per rule we have to be working 12 months in canada to become eligible for CEC. Now they put a new thing in between which is called LMIA. If i dont have LMIA approved job offer i will not get 600 points. Or i dont need that?

Please comment below for giving information!

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Regina said:
Without LMIA , for your 12 months of work in Canada under CEC you get 50 points. With LMIA for you get 600.
It's also worth mentioning that for the vast majority of Economic classes, without the full 12 months of experience you will not be eligible to enter the EE pool, because you won't be eligible under the CEC/FSW/FSTP.

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
cecandconfused said:
It's also worth mentioning that for the vast majority of Economic classes, without the full 12 months of experience you will not be eligible to enter the EE pool, because you won't be eligible under the CEC/FSW/FSTP.
I thought for FSW, it's a minimum of 12 months of work experience, inside or outside of Canada. CEC is the only one that requires the 12 months to be IN Canada I think. Unless they're overhauling those 2 programs in 2015......

Also, for FSW, with the current/last rules, you don't need an LMIA (you won't get as much points without it). ...Again, unless they're amending it in 2015.

Do you happen to know if work experience (in a NOC A) gained with an IEC visa (open work permit) counts ? or just pgwp

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Can someone please answer my question?

I have pgwp and have been working in NOC B for a year with the same employer. Now in order to get LMIA I asked my employer to apply. Got a few questions

Anticipated start date ?? I have been working there for year so what does my employer put here
Proof of advertisement of job posted ?? That was a year ago and they deleted the posting after my hiring and do not have it anymore
Is there any fee for LMIA ?

Thanks in advance

samme1

Jul 26, 2015
manidhatt said:

I have pgwp and have been working in NOC B for a year with the same employer. Now in order to get LMIA I asked my employer to apply. Got a few questions

Anticipated start date ?? I have been working there for year so what does my employer put here
Proof of advertisement of job posted ?? That was a year ago and they deleted the posting after my hiring and do not have it anymore

Did you apply for LMIA?

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
manidhatt said:

Is there any fee for LMIA ?

Thanks in advance
If your employer is applying for a standard LMIA, they need to re-advertise to try and find a Canadian/Permanent resident for the position and prove they could not find one for at least 30 days and the fee is $1,000. The advertising is extremely strict on what needs to be included so make sure you read into the process.

I'm not sure about the other LMIA for EE - completely new to me. I obtained mine the normal way!

Just read... "Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

If required, employers may need to get an LMIA from Employment and Social Development Canada.

There is no fee for permanent residence LMIAs."

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
if you will not be applying for the work permit , then the fee is 0 dollars...

Advertisement cant be more than 3 months old...

I got mine, in 10 days

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
mikek27 said:
Do you happen to know if work experience (in a NOC A) gained with an IEC visa (open work permit) counts ? or just pgwp
Yes, work experience under an IEC visa does count...

samme1

Jul 26, 2015
My Employer is going to apply for LMIA and will choose the option which says to support PR application. What should he enter in anticipated job start date; should it be after my work permit expiry date which is july 2016??

Kiki10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-09-2015
samme1 said:
My Employer is going to apply for LMIA and will choose the option which says to support PR application. What should he enter in anticipated job start date; should it be after my work permit expiry date which is july 2016??
I think you missed the point.... The employer MUST ADVERTISE THE POSITION first and IF he CAN NOT find any Canadians/PRs only then he can APLLY for an LMIA....

samme1

Jul 26, 2015
Kiki10 said:
I think you missed the point.... The employer MUST ADVERTISE THE POSITION first and IF he CAN NOT find any Canadians/PRs only then he can APLLY for an LMIA....
Yes he did advertise

samme1

Jul 26, 2015
paras1991 said:
if you will not be applying for the work permit , then the fee is 0 dollars...

Advertisement cant be more than 3 months old...

I got mine, in 10 days
Do you have a copy of LMIA application which your employer used. My employer is using LMIA application form for Canadian experience class and have couple of questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
which question you need help with??

samme1

Jul 26, 2015
paras1991 said:
which question you need help with??
I am already working for this employer and my work permit is expiring next year July 2016 and on the LMIA application there is question regarding expected start date of employment? Should it be after the expiry of my work permit?? Because he chose only to support PR option