AOR Received.
1st Aor 16 Dec 2015
File Transfer...
SA Recieved 05 jan 2016 with file transfer
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
hi i have a question if i start a small business which will make me able to generate to lmia can i provide lmia to my brother or i cant?
i need good advise from seniors

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
I'm going to assume you are already legally eligible to start a business in Canada. Assuming so, I'm not aware of any reason you could not do an LMIA for your brother, but obviously you would actually have to do the assessment and prove that it's needed.

surajoad

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct/28/2015
AOR Received.
1st Aor 16 Dec 2015
File Transfer...
SA Recieved 05 jan 2016 with file transfer
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
yes im legally eligible im pr here and i have funds and im gonna start business in like two months but somebody told me that givinglmia to brother is not possible thats why im confirming here.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
I'm not aware of any such restriction, but I do not claim to be an expert in LMIAs. However, do you know what an LMIA is? You can't just "give" one to a person - it's a process where you have to go through the motions of trying to fill the job with a Canadian, then show you are unable to.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TheMaze said:
I'm not aware of any such restriction, but I do not claim to be an expert in LMIAs. However, do you know what an LMIA is? You can't just "give" one to a person - it's a process where you have to go through the motions of trying to fill the job with a Canadian, then show you are unable to.
1. Also with no track record for the company and you being the only employee it is unlikely that any LMIA would be approved.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Does your brother stand a chance of getting a provincial nomination? I'm inclined to think that may be a better option. Alternatively, isn't there a way you can sponsor one family member?