+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Expiry date - Express Entry

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
atapiat said:
On my LMO I have: Opinion Expiry date: Dec 2013.
I have WP that expires on Jan 2016.

What is mine LMIA expiry date for the purpose of EE application.

When I created EE profile I have put Jan 2016 as LMIA expiry date and got 600 points.
Then I have changed the info to Dec 2013 and resubmit the application and got again 600 points.

I don't know which date is correct, but if I am getting 600 points with both dates I will stick with Dec 2013 as not to make mistake.

Any opinion?

Anyone who submited their EE prfile with LMO?
I did it. I submitted with LMIA opinion expiry date. Got 600 points and also got ITA.

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Intocanada said:
I did it. I submitted with LMIA opinion expiry date. Got 600 points and also got ITA.
So you did not use WP expiry date right?
You have put LMO/LMIA expiray day?

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atapiat said:
So you did not use WP expiry date right?
You have put LMO/LMIA expiray day?
Man I think we are thinking too much about it. I personally feel ...

Based on LMO you get work permit and it will be valid till 2 yrs ..

I was in UK And my employer bought me here .... He send me LMO it is valid till 6 months from the date of issue or else LMO gets invalid ... So employer pushed me to apply with in 6 months I applied and decision took in May 2013 and my residence permit and work pemit valid till 2015 may exactly two years..

Now coming to your question.. When you file the online pr application if I remember correctly they asked LMO start and expiry date ::: Either you give work permit details that's fine or LMO details that's fine ....

If visa officer didn't identified you then definetly contact you they won't straight away reject it... I'm sure visa officer once he enter our passport no he will get entire details what we were doing and how much taxes we filed and claim back ...

So don't worry discussing is not wrong but what ever you feel it's right do it.. Don't base on other person answers that might effect you,.

It just my though ...

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Maybe I found the link here about LMIA expiration. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pool.asp

LMIA requirements for temporary foreign workers applying for Express Entry

Express Entry candidates who are employed in Canada on a temporary resident work permit that was issued based on a positive LMIA issued by ESDC may, in certain circumstances, not need to acquire a new LMIA to support their expression of interest, even if the assessment expiry date posted on their LMIA has passed.

If candidates are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation and meet the requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Canadian Experience Class, they do not need their employer to apply for a new LMIA to support their job offer under Express Entry if all the following requirements are met:

The candidate's work permit is valid at the time they submit their profile.
The candidate is currently working for an employer specified on the work permit.
The candidate's current employer has made an offer to employ the candidate in Canada on a full-time, non-seasonal, indeterminate basis in a NOC 2011 Skill Type 0, A or B occupation once a permanent resident visa, if any, is issued.
The job offer is from the same employer, as specified on the work permit.
The employer is not an embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada and does not appear on the list referred to in R203(6).

If candidates are currently working in Canada in a skilled trades occupation and do not meet the requirements above, they may qualify under another pathway. If they meet the requirements of the Federal Skilled Trades Class, they do not need their employer to apply for a new LMIA to support their job offer under Express Entry if all the following requirements are met:

The candidate is currently working for up to two employers specified on their work permit.
The current employer(s) has made an offer to employ the candidate in Canada on a full-time basis for at least one year, in an occupation that is in the same minor NOC (3-digit) code as the one for which the candidate originally received their temporary resident LMIA, once a permanent resident visa, if any, is issued.
The job offer is from one or both of the employers specified on work permit.
Neither of the employers is an embassy, a consulate or a high commission in Canada or appears on the list referred to in R203(6).

Date Modified:
2014-12-23

about this Web site

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Nebm31 said:
Maybe I found the link here about LMIA expiration. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pool.asp

LMIA requirements for temporary foreign workers applying for Express Entry

Express Entry candidates who are employed in Canada on a temporary resident work permit that was issued based on a positive LMIA issued by ESDC may, in certain circumstances, not need to acquire a new LMIA to support their expression of interest, even if the assessment expiry date posted on their LMIA has passed.

If candidates are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation and meet the requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Canadian Experience Class, they do not need their employer to apply for a new LMIA to support their job offer under Express Entry if all the following requirements are met:

The candidate is currently working for an employer specified on the work permit.
The candidate's current employer has made an offer to employ the candidate in Canada on a full-time, non-seasonal, indeterminate basis in a NOC 2011 Skill Type 0, A or B occupation once a permanent resident visa, if any, is issued.
The job offer is from the same employer, as specified on the work permit.
The employer is not an embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada and does not appear on the list referred to in R203(6).

If candidates are currently working in Canada in a skilled trades occupation and do not meet the requirements above, they may qualify under another pathway. If they meet the requirements of the Federal Skilled Trades Class, they do not need their employer to apply for a new LMIA to support their job offer under Express Entry if all the following requirements are met:

The candidate is currently working for up to two employers specified on their work permit.
The current employer(s) has made an offer to employ the candidate in Canada on a full-time basis for at least one year, in an occupation that is in the same minor NOC (3-digit) code as the one for which the candidate originally received their temporary resident LMIA, once a permanent resident visa, if any, is issued.
The job offer is from one or both of the employers specified on work permit.
Neither of the employers is an embassy, a consulate or a high commission in Canada or appears on the list referred to in R203(6).

Date Modified:
2014-12-23

about this Web site
+1 Nemb 31

This is a great post

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I just want to ask if anyone successfully received an Invitation to Apply after creating an EE Profile using the LMIA (which is 600 pts)?
Thank you in advance.

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
cutesmile_1728 said:
Hi. I just want to ask if anyone successfully received an Invitation to Apply after creating an EE Profile using the LMIA (which is 600 pts)?
Thank you in advance.
I did =)

Sep 20, 2015
Hi. I just saw this information here about using your LMO for EE after its expiry date. Wow, I've never seen that before even when I was looking for information on CIC website.
My EE application was refused in summer 2015. LMO soon after that got expired. The cause of refusal looks like it was a wording mistake in job offer letter, but it was refused
just after I've submitted Schedule_A form. The company where i work have few branches in Alberta. In those other places and in my place employer applied for LMIA to support
EE aplication - refused. So for some time I was looking for new job. Right now I know I can try once again EE with correct job offer letter.

Thanks Nemb31 ;D

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
NotAnotherJonny said:
Hi. I just saw this information here about using your LMO for EE after its expiry date. Wow, I've never seen that before even when I was looking for information on CIC website.
My EE application was refused in summer 2015. LMO soon after that got expired. The cause of refusal looks like it was a wording mistake in job offer letter, but it was refused
just after I've submitted Schedule_A form. The company where i work have few branches in Alberta. In those other places and in my place employer applied for LMIA to support
EE aplication - refused. So for some time I was looking for new job. Right now I know I can try once again EE with correct job offer letter.

Thanks Nemb31 ;D
I have been through the same s*# as well. My employer acquired LMIA in April 2015 and then immediately applied for work permit based on that. So got the work permit for two years, valid till July 2017. The LMIA document expired in October and i have applied for PR in November. So eventually in March it got rejected , the reason being " LMIA expired". We have tried to appeal the decision but they are so sill and its in vain. So decided to re apply now.

Weirdest reply for the appeal i got? You need to have a work permit based on LMIA currently. Which i actually do have, still? Its waste of time trying to appeal the decisions they make. They just want more money.